Just watched a supra kick a moddid terminator's ass. Made me sick

ryclef331

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
so 1100 hp and it runs low 10's my friends 525ci fox has 497 hp and 653 tq at the rear wheels and it runs 10.3 ....seems like the supra is lacking something and probley cost 3 time what it did to build his mustang

Read it again.....in the FIRST and ONLY TEST session we did and BOGGING (1.90 60fters) trying to sort out the two step and timing on the line. The 154mph trap time indicate that there MIGHT be more left in it...but what do I know. And you wouldn't believe me if I told you what this car just sold for. BUT It wasn't built to just drag race...its still got a full leather interior, A/C, Power steering, full stereo, and knocks down 20 plus MPG...as long as you lay off the skinny pedal. That and 15" rims don't fit over 14" rotors and 4 pistons on the rear very well. The guy just wanted an absolutely sick street car....pretty sure we succeeded....

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Titan Motorsports is like 10 minutes away from me, i was gonna go to the supra meet they had, but i had to work...they have some fast ass cars.

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
One day, one day, i WILL own a supra.

That supra walked that Cobra like it was standing still. :noes:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
tRaV_19 said:
so 1100 hp and it runs low 10's my friends 525ci fox has 497 hp and 653 tq at the rear wheels and it runs 10.3 ....seems like the supra is lacking something and probley cost 3 time what it did to build his mustang

Read it again.....in the FIRST and ONLY TEST session we did and BOGGING (1.90 60fters) trying to sort out the two step and timing on the line. The 154mph trap time indicate that there MIGHT be more left in it...but what do I know. And you wouldn't believe me if I told you what this car just sold for. BUT It wasn't built to just drag race...its still got a full leather interior, A/C, Power steering, full stereo, and knocks down 20 plus MPG...as long as you lay off the skinny pedal. That and 15" rims don't fit over 14" rotors and 4 pistons on the rear very well. The guy just wanted an absolutely sick street car....pretty sure we succeeded....

well that dosent sound too bad...especially since it has full interior and a/c even .....all tuners around here rip all the interior and put a 5" muffler on them and they think they are done ::) ...i dont mind because it is sooo easy to make them look goofy....seems like that car is built very nice....i just cant imagine the money that thing must have cost to build...its like the new roush 427's i cant see spending all that money... :nonono: but i guess someone must want to

S

scarface

ryclef331 said:
you guys make me giggle sometimes....

A friend and I build, part out wrecked, and flip Supras. They are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE CARS from an engineering standpoint. A stock crank and block capable of producing WELL OVER 1,000hp with the correct rods and pistons. A factory 6speed tranny that will take almost anything you throw at it. Same for the rear end. ALL put into a very well put together car.

Here is the one we're UPGRADING right now...old combo made 1,100hp to the wheels...that was before the 3.4L stroker and NX Fogger setup. HKS 272 cams and a GT4780 turbo. On the old combo, we yank the PAINT of a brand new stretched and slammed ZX14 from 80mph and the car has gone LOW 10s...bogging off the two step in the first testing passes. 60-130mph in 4.8 seconds at the TX 2K7 Supra Nationals (an Enzo does it in over 6 seconds to put that in perspective). I'm not knocking anyone...just showing y'all what they CAN do. Not ALL the stereotypes are true.

Anyways...some pics.

258803969.jpg

(Note the brakes....14" rotors 6 piston Brembos)
12202123898.jpg

But yes you are right...they aren't cheap...I just work on'em...don't own one.
I wish I had known that before I bought the cobra :nonono: The cheapest one I could find was 18k, and that was with a salvaged title. There is a guy that has one a few houses up from me....I love those cars, but if you look at my past posts, I have said MANY times that I would sell my cobra in a heartbeat for a supra :)

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
scarface said:
I wish I had known that before I bought the cobra :nonono: The cheapest one I could find was 18k, and that was with a salvaged title. There is a guy that has one a few houses up from me....I love those cars, but if you look at my past posts, I have said MANY times that I would sell my cobra in a heartbeat for a supra :)

I would keep my car and get a Supra. My Cobra will be paid off soon so once its paid off it is never going anywhere unless I get REAL jammed up. But then again, thats IF I could afford a Supra.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Mine will be with me till the day I die. :drunk:

man i hope mine is too... i plan on having this cobra when im like 80.. and i still want to be throwing that thing sideways haha.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Supras are beautiful, well built, comfortable, and fast cars. I love them.

That said, I wouldn't buy one. Too much money. For that kind of cash I'd get something different.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Supras are beautiful, well built, comfortable, and fast cars. I love them.

That said, I wouldn't buy one. Too much money. For that kind of cash I'd get something different.

thats my feelings exactly

tooslow

Reaction score
i've never fallin for the looks of a supra, and i'm not the greatest fan of their engines. that said, i know what they are capible of and can be made into total monsters. BUT, you couldn't give me one.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I have read, I was under the impression that the Supras were just dyno queens ???

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
They don't have good powerbands like a pressurized V8, thus the slow ETs and ridiculous trap speeds.

tooslow

Reaction score
they pull like crazy on the top end. the few who do great with them take advantage of that trait. that also makes for what seems like ridiculously high hp for the times being ran.

the "slow" <--- used loosely street cars are called dyno queens, because the lose to cars with much less power than they have. mostly dig races. from a roll they are monsters. lots of high RPM hp, and the gearing they run is perfect for top end pulls.

I'm not very impressed by supras all that often. for those who like them, good for you. those who actually build them correctly taking advantage of what they can do, much respect and even better for you. for me, I'll take a car that doesn't need excessive modifications to run strong from 0mph. the average modified supra just does nothing for me.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
You guys just haven't seen the RIGHT supras! But thanks for the compliments guys.

Meh, I've seen Walsh's old Supra in action. As well as Woon's. And the guy from Chicago that had the white Supra. (I think he sold it)

None of them were consistent, and most of them couldn't even make it down the track normally most of the time, but they are fun to watch and have ridiculous top-end charges. Nonetheless, not much of a drag car IMHO. Beautiful streetcars though.

Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online