Just watched a supra kick a moddid terminator's ass. Made me sick

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bluesn95, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Read it again.....in the FIRST and ONLY TEST session we did and BOGGING (1.90 60fters) trying to sort out the two step and timing on the line. The 154mph trap time indicate that there MIGHT be more left in it...but what do I know. And you wouldn't believe me if I told you what this car just sold for. BUT It wasn't built to just drag race...its still got a full leather interior, A/C, Power steering, full stereo, and knocks down 20 plus MPG...as long as you lay off the skinny pedal. That and 15" rims don't fit over 14" rotors and 4 pistons on the rear very well. The guy just wanted an absolutely sick street car....pretty sure we succeeded....

2. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

I envy those things

3. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

Titan Motorsports is like 10 minutes away from me, i was gonna go to the supra meet they had, but i had to work...they have some fast ass cars.

4. Dalamar

Dalamar Post Whore Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

That is a good looking Supera!

Nice work Ryclef :)

5. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

One day, one day, i WILL own a supra.

That supra walked that Cobra like it was standing still. :noes:

6. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

well that dosent sound too bad...especially since it has full interior and a/c even .....all tuners around here rip all the interior and put a 5" muffler on them and they think they are done ::) ...i dont mind because it is sooo easy to make them look goofy....seems like that car is built very nice....i just cant imagine the money that thing must have cost to build...its like the new roush 427's i cant see spending all that money... :nonono: but i guess someone must want to

7. scarface

scarface Guest

I wish I had known that before I bought the cobra :nonono: The cheapest one I could find was 18k, and that was with a salvaged title. There is a guy that has one a few houses up from me....I love those cars, but if you look at my past posts, I have said MANY times that I would sell my cobra in a heartbeat for a supra :)

8. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

bo doubt that that car is a great looking ride O0

9. WyoTechMSA

WyoTechMSA Well-Known Member

I would keep my car and get a Supra. My Cobra will be paid off soon so once its paid off it is never going anywhere unless I get REAL jammed up. But then again, thats IF I could afford a Supra.

10. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

Mine will be with me till the day I die. :drunk:

11. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

man i hope mine is too... i plan on having this cobra when im like 80.. and i still want to be throwing that thing sideways haha.

12. Paul

Paul Legend

Supras are beautiful, well built, comfortable, and fast cars. I love them.

That said, I wouldn't buy one. Too much money. For that kind of cash I'd get something different.

13. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

thats my feelings exactly

14. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

i've never fallin for the looks of a supra, and i'm not the greatest fan of their engines. that said, i know what they are capible of and can be made into total monsters. BUT, you couldn't give me one.

15. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Post Whore

from what I have read, I was under the impression that the Supras were just dyno queens ???

16. Paul

Paul Legend

They don't have good powerbands like a pressurized V8, thus the slow ETs and ridiculous trap speeds.

17. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

theyare fast from a roll, but from a dig they are dogs...

18. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

they pull like crazy on the top end. the few who do great with them take advantage of that trait. that also makes for what seems like ridiculously high hp for the times being ran.

the "slow" <--- used loosely street cars are called dyno queens, because the lose to cars with much less power than they have. mostly dig races. from a roll they are monsters. lots of high RPM hp, and the gearing they run is perfect for top end pulls.

I'm not very impressed by supras all that often. for those who like them, good for you. those who actually build them correctly taking advantage of what they can do, much respect and even better for you. for me, I'll take a car that doesn't need excessive modifications to run strong from 0mph. the average modified supra just does nothing for me.

19. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

20. Paul

Paul Legend

Meh, I've seen Walsh's old Supra in action. As well as Woon's. And the guy from Chicago that had the white Supra. (I think he sold it)

None of them were consistent, and most of them couldn't even make it down the track normally most of the time, but they are fun to watch and have ridiculous top-end charges. Nonetheless, not much of a drag car IMHO. Beautiful streetcars though.

Paul.