Just watched a supra kick a moddid terminator's ass. Made me sick

ryclef331

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
so a supra is like a 2v...all the powers at the top end

Yeah but without all the weak bottom end parts....

I almost forgot too...if you go and look at the newest issue of Turbo Magazine, there is a feature on the TX2K7 Supra Meet. The above car is in the Dyno section with its graph. Also...you can see me on the first page of the article....I'm the guy looking into the dyno cell with the white Fox hoodie on.

tooslow

Reaction score
by saying this, i think i may be taking a crack at both mod engine guys as well as supra guys, the first half of you guys, i'm sorry.

but, forged internals do not make an engine a "great" engine.

the 2jz is nothing more than strong parts, high boost, and a hefty price tag.

a geo metro 3 cyl could make 1000hp if it was given parts that don't break and enough boost.

sorry, i said it.

i'll take something with a power curve.

tooslow

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
You guys just haven't seen the RIGHT supras! But thanks for the compliments guys.

Here is a quick vid of the above car.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ryclef331/video/x1j0wf_uask4it_street

no offence because that is an awsome machine you posted, but don't you think its a bit misleading to use a car thats within 1% of its type as a halo for all of them?

it seems everytime a supra is judged or critisized it always comes down to "look what this supra can do." or something along those lines.

to its credit, it makes lots of hp and still having all the extras is cool.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As a former owner of a 94 Turbo Supra i can honestly say they are really nice street cars. They are not made to be 1/4 mile cars but i always wondered what a small shot of juice would do in conjuction with a big Turbo to get it off the line better.

Also people like to bash them but don't forget that they are now 10+ years old and still kicking and holding value. Mine cost me $34k new and would sell for almost that today.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Supras are in a class all their own, stock block holds 900hp, who else does that?

Besides, talk about bottomless pits of money once you get them that fast, we had one guy in Orlando that used to hang with my Daytona crew and his was like 1100hp, he had it apart to fix things more than he had it together, and my friend Tom took his 550hp SRT-4 and spanked him for a 1/8th mile, so what does that tell you.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
there is one around here around 1000rwhp and runs 7.0's in the 1/8 on drag radials. So its not just 1/4. This is a full street car that doesn't mind traffic.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
there is one around here around 1000rwhp and runs 7.0's in the 1/8 on drag radials. So its not just 1/4. This is a full street car that doesn't mind traffic.

1k rwhp and it only does 7.0s in the eighth ;D ;D ;D ;D thats pittifull. My old raceshop I use to use, had ( still has ) a fox body coupe that weighs 3000lbs and LESS THAN 500rwhp and runs 7.0's in the eighth.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
quickstang_1994 said:

1k rwhp and it only does 7.0s in the eighth ;D ;D ;D ;D thats pittifull. My old raceshop I use to use, had ( still has ) a fox body coupe that weighs 3000lbs and LESS THAN 500rwhp and runs 7.0's in the eighth.

Youre not serious are you...about the pitiful part?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
WyoTechMSA said:
Snakebit said:
quickstang_1994 said:

Yea, to have 1krwhp and only get 7.0 in the eighth mile is a poor time slip unless the damn thing is spinning the entire way down the damn strip :dunno:. My 91 full weight GT runs upper 7's with a 3k launch and around 300rwhp. Im sorry but that is NOT a impressive slip for that supra IMO

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
this is a full street car his mph is like 110-113. if he puts on slicks then he would slaughter the 7's. I run 7.5's @ 95 with 508rwhp, it weighs in at 3460. but I will not put a cage in. I also run street tires goodyear z rated and I dont shift at peak power. point is these cars (supra) are set up for street not track.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
this is a full street car his mph is like 110-113. if he puts on slicks then he would slaughter the 7's. I run 7.5's @ 95 with 508rwhp, it weighs in at 3460. but I will not put a cage in. I also run street tires goodyear z rated and I dont shift at peak power. point is these cars (supra) are set up for street not track.

your doing mid 7's in the car in your Sig??? Thats one hell of a sleeper :) ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Actually alot faster I've been baned for 2 track for braking the cage rule.

Man I never knew your car was that fast, to be honest I never paid attention to your sig pic until just now ( I didnt know you were blown ) From the looks of your car you would think its the every day upper 13sec car with simple boltons.

Ha !!!!! How many Vetts and Vipers have you pulled one over on :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
WyoTechMSA said:
Snakebit said:
quickstang_1994 said:

Yea, to have 1krwhp and only get 7.0 in the eighth mile is a poor time slip unless the damn thing is spinning the entire way down the damn strip :dunno:. My 91 full weight GT runs upper 7's with a 3k launch and around 300rwhp. Im sorry but that is NOT a impressive slip for that supra IMO

Id say it was pretty impressive for a car with full leather interior, a stereo, able to be daily driven.... I can go on

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
From the looks of your car you would think its the every day upper 13sec car with simple boltons.

Thems fighting words

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.