Just when I fixed a problem..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tommy92, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Tommy92

Tommy92 Active Member

Thought I'd share my frustration here since I'm stuck at home finishing up my lab report and have no one to vent to lol. I just got my weird idle/throttle issue fixed and went up a mountain with two of my friends. I was going up hill when I started hearing clicking coming from my engine, then it turned into ticking so I pulled over to investigate. I didn't see anything wrong with the engine cosmetically. I tried cranking over the engine to see if I can hear the tick again. Well it wouldnt start... Great. Im stuck on top of a mountain road. My friends try to push the car so I can clutch kick it on. Doesn't work. I call AAA and they took like 30 mintues to come. Didn't bring a tow truck like I requested for and tried jumping it. Well once it started I heard knocking coming from the engine. Great. Waited on top of the mountain for 2 hours waiting for a tow truck. Now I'm positive there was a critical failure with the motor, most likely have to get it rebuilt. :mad:

2. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

How high was the mountain? If your oil level was low and it was at a serious incline that you could ha e starved your engine of oil.

3. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

You'll be in my prayers, brotha. sitting in the "my engine knocks" boat right now! :(

4. Tommy92

Tommy92 Active Member

It was about 30% grade. I changed the motor oil about a month ago and when I checked the oil it looked clean and was by the full mark. But I'm sure the incline had something to do with it.

Thanks, I'm hoping the repair doesn't cost a lot. I would do it myself like I did with the Mach 1 but I got no time with school kicking my butt! I hope you get yours fixed soon man nothing sounds better than a 4v Mustang :D

5. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Well that's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that.

Hopefully you can get her fixed. Fabulous Fords is coming up, we need your car there :thumbsup:

6. Tommy92

Tommy92 Active Member

Thanks man, I hope so too. I'm hoping I'll have it fixed in a week or two, it's at a shop right now. I'm also considering some wheel color idea for Fabulous Fords Forever, I want to stand out a bit :)