K member ideas

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
I'd say UPR is good and strong when you have guys doing wheel stands high enough to smack the rear bumper and all that force coming back down and they're still in one piece and not bent up. [MENTION=11751]NXcoupe[/MENTION] can vouch for that.

I won't be anywhere near brakestands , just shooting for 375whp through a slushbox , just wanna get the k member so I can get the kit

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a number of MM parts are my car (no k-member yet, though), and their stuff is just absolutely top notch. Won't be the cheapest, that's for sure, but you can also rest assured knowing that you'll have a superior quality piece of kit. Their product support is quite exceptional as well.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
What A Arms are you using? Did your wheels get pushed out any? I just picked one up, got it for cheap so I couldn't pass it up.
I have the upr k-member but I'm using QA1 a-arms and everything is in the factory orientation.

Sent using my Typewriter

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
What A Arms are you using? Did your wheels get pushed out any? I just picked one up, got it for cheap so I couldn't pass it up.

Qa1 arms, they were moved slightly forward.

I'll see if i can grab a pic of my stock arms for ya.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I've used a upr. As far as the k member no issues.. Coil over was noisy. CC plates were crappy not a fan at all.
Also have a MM its a little heavier and required a oil filter relocation on my 98.. But a nice piece..
For the 03 going with a Griggs..

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Lol it should work out well for you. Let us know your thoughts on the piece after install. If I had the money to spend on the team z or mm one I would have but for the money my upr unit is doing what its suppose to.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
MM..

Edit here.

I have looked at the griggs one. But from some things i have read. On a heavy street car, there have been numerous accounts of k-members cracking.

If i was swapping out my entire suspension and gutting the car for full on race series. I would go griggs.

But for a street car MM is the way to go. They make it so you do not have to worry. Plus MM has good customer service, and a website that hasnt taken them over 8 years to half assedly update

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
For [MENTION=9338]chris91[/MENTION]

The bushing that needs the shaving is the one that sits in front. The rear could use a nice little grinding, but compared to the front it's nothing. My buddy took a torch to it instead.

f4ff4470000847fd7f3f2d37dfea04d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man I looked at all the brands when I decided to upgrade and comparing the QA1 to the stock or the MM I just could not help but think that low weight was their top priority. Don't get wrong I want to loose weight as much as the next dude but for the K I think strength is the top priority. With that being said I have heard good stuff about them but I did MM and as rz says it is a SUPER nice piece.

chris91

Reaction score
I got my QA1 in yesterday. It's not as light as one would think. I'm guessing about 35-40lbs. The welds look nice and it's pretty beefy. I have no problem running this as long as everything fits right...

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I ran it on the car for a month or two.

It didn't need that much taken off, but he did it anyway.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Just ordered my Qa1 k member , a arms and coilovers come next. If you were wondering guys I can only buy so much at once as I am 16 and get $8.25 an hour #notsponsored

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online