K-member thread. MM, PA, AJE

nitroram33

Reaction score
Lol, here's what we'll be going with in the next few days:

For the front use 400lbs/in x 10" x 2.50" springs.
For the rear use 650lbs/in x 7" x 2.25" springs. Note this spring needs to be ordered, so it has extra lead time.
I would set the rear swaybar to full stiff. Make sure to check the clearance between the rear swaybar endlink and halfshafts.
:grin:

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, here's what we'll be going with in the next few days:

:grin:

^ Note that the above is for IRS equipped cars, thus the larger lbs for the rears. What dampers are you using?

nitroram33

Reaction score
Indeed. We're gonna be running MM2s from Maximum Motorsports and basically their whole catalog of stuff thrown at the IRS when the time comes. At least getting the front out of the way this month and maybe going ahead and doing the rear too, just depends on how some things fall into place.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
If the car is mostly street, then perhaps 325 to 350 up front is fine? I'm using Koni SA's with 375lbs up front, and Koni SA's with 225lbs in the rear - with a pan hard bar. I would think anything above 225lbs in the rear would be too stiff for a pan hard bar and torque arm. Having said all of the above, I would totally defer to what MM tells you, they have *way* more knowledge and experience than I do.

I emailed jack differently see what he says, along with my suspension/chassis parts list that i want to get and what power i am expecting to push when i build the motor. I think 350 will be ok with the bilsteins. so maybe have the same spring rates as you.

how is the ride quality with those rates? and at what settings do you have the koni's at?

and ride height?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed jack differently see what he says, along with my suspension/chassis parts list that i want to get and what power i am expecting to push when i build the motor. I think 350 will be ok with the bilsteins. so maybe have the same spring rates as you.

how is the ride quality with those rates? and at what settings do you have the koni's at?

and ride height?

For me, the car rides great. But I'm expecting a stiffer ride - this is not my DD so I'm perfectly fine with a stiffer ride in the car. I currently have the fronts full stiff and rears full soft. I have not had a chance to try it out on a track and tweak it yet. Looking forward to that. I don't recall the drop - I want to say 1.5" or so, maybe a little more. I've got some work to do up-front, bump steer install and then I'll focus on getting the car aligned. Once I get the bump steer in, I'll actually pay more attention to the drop and alignment settings.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
For me, the car rides great. But I'm expecting a stiffer ride - this is not my DD so I'm perfectly fine with a stiffer ride in the car. I currently have the fronts full stiff and rears full soft. I have not had a chance to try it out on a track and tweak it yet. Looking forward to that. I don't recall the drop - I want to say 1.5" or so, maybe a little more. I've got some work to do up-front, bump steer install and then I'll focus on getting the car aligned. Once I get the bump steer in, I'll actually pay more attention to the drop and alignment settings.

Ah makes sense. Ya this is my DD, I too dont mind a stiff ride, ill get used to it. as long as i am its not jaw jarring or neck breaking.

I have a 72 coupe that i use as my track car and weekend car, that is gonna be a decidated track car, going with a full suspension upgrade, with some pretty stiff Coilovers on all 4's. and 12 point roll cage

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty sweet track car :)

Ohhh yaaa i hope soo. Give these beamers and all other imports a run for their money. But i went it to be a pretty good dam good street car. All around car sounds better :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online