K-Memeber

Booboo

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the k-member in my 97 GT Convertible. I want to do it now because I have to drop the stock k-member to change the headers. So I might as well put a tubular k-member back in. Since I am not ready to do the rest of the suspension I would like to keep the stock control arms and springs. Money is tight so I am trying to do this as cheap as possible. I am leaning towards the QA1 because it has replacemble motor mounts. The car has a 4.6 now but I have a big block in the garage that I might want to use later. The QA1 will let you use the stock control arms but requires coil over springs. To avoid haveing to use coilovers, can I purchase the upper spring purches for a UPR kember and use them with the QA1? Any idea if this would work?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Most likely it won't work. You'll have to go with matching brands. This is one of the reasons I didn't do a tubular k when I did my headers. The costs snowball pretty quickly

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What are the plans for the car? If you look at the different designs some are made with weight savings as their #1 priority and others have strength as theirs. I would figure out which way you want to go and then decide but I can't say the K is where I looked to save a few bucks. I with with Maximum motorsports(DRINK) myself but mine will be on the street much more than the track.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mm or Kenny brown seem to be the only ones that I’d trust daily driving on

Snorky

Reaction score
My UPR in Greencar is decent. I have a the spring perches laying around if anyone needs them

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My bmr k member has been daily driven for a couple years now, and probably 70ish passes at the drag strip. It’s held up great
What motor and headers are you running with the BMR K? Guessing it's the standard K and not the premium, right?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What motor and headers are you running with the BMR K? Guessing it's the standard K and not the premium, right?
Standard k member, with their a arms. I’ve got a coyote with BBK long tubes. Going to have ultimate headers long tubes shortly.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I got my k member very shortly after they were released. I was just a few months after the pre orders were delivered.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Standard k member, with their a arms. I’ve got a coyote with BBK long tubes. Going to have ultimate headers long tubes shortly.
Any issues with fitment? My BMR K shipped today. Will be 2v with Bassani Mid Lengths. Standard with perches and BMR A-Arms with spring pockets. Just a bit nervous with all the Premium K issues out there.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Any issues with fitment? My BMR K shipped today. Will be 2v with Bassani Mid Lengths. Standard with perches and BMR A-Arms with spring pockets. Just a bit nervous with all the Premium K issues out there.
I’ve had no fitment issues with mine. I actually gained a bunch of oil pan clearance for the coyote over the upr k member I had. The only problem I’ve had out of it, was after about a year, I had a ball joint fail. Bmr sent me a replacement for free even after I was out of warranty. I don’t fault them for that, it was likely just a bad part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.