K&N Filter Problem

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So ya i did my 1st K&N clean and reoil a few days ago. I ntoice my car has been a complete pig and i havent caught on to the problem. I notice its been revving slower and it sounds quiet. I figured out the problem was with my filter that i reoiled. IT says to put a small amount of oil which i did, but maybe i put to little.

Is it common for the engine work harder if theres not enough oil on the filter? I just put my stock paper one back and it runs so much better and sounds so much lounder. Anyone else run into this problem when re-oiling there air filter?

97vertstang

Reaction score
i wouldnt think it would slow ur engine down for underoiling???? try reoiling it again and let it set for a day.just make sure not to oil it too much or u can mess up ur maf.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you let it sit overnight before installing it again? I will let mine sit for 24 hours to dry and drain before using again.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i oiled the shit outta mine, at least i think so, and havent had any problems. id go with what the other guys say and check/clean the maf.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
agree cleaning the maf can really make a difference... also clean out your throttle body make sure theres nothin gunked up in there

97vertstang

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
agree cleaning the maf can really make a difference... also clean out your throttle body make sure theres nothin gunked up in there
if u do clean ur throttle body, clean ur iac after, it will screw with ur idle if u dont.

Ender

Reaction score
I ditched my K&N and went back to a paper filter because the oil was screwing up my MAF. The car ran much better afterwards.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Ender said:
I ditched my K&N and went back to a paper filter because the oil was screwing up my MAF. The car ran much better afterwards.

Same here now. My K&N is sitting oiled in the hallway. Im getting way better performance out of the stock dirty paper. Also, the car sounds better with the paper one. I have no idea why but it does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online