k what do i need in a aluminum head upgrade?

hottwheels04

Reaction score
K I have a 95 gt mustang gt with a stock 302 bored .30 over, stage 1 cam, trickflow upper and lower intake manifold, stock ported heads with a valve job, and new roller rockers, full bolt on's.

so im in the process of upgrading to some trickflow twisted wedge heads, I have the maf meter for 24 lb injectors, so im buying the heads, injectors, what else do i need? i kno i need head gaskets, what else do i need to finish this project? i was told i could use my stock valve covers? would i need to buy new roller rockers, and prob some arp head stud bolts ? anything im missing?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that with the TW's you'll need a new set of push rods also....as the stock length won't work. You can use a PRL gauge,or go on the corral and do a search on which length you need. You'll also need new upper and lower intake gaskets obviously,along with new studs and hardware.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
throw those heads on it, the stock heads are so restrictive, h/c/i is a good way to go, that way you can save up and eventually look for
a charger down the road...

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
oh ok , yeah i have new pushrods i thought it would work, thanks for the info man, would it be easier to go with other heads? this sounds like it might be a bitch to have everything match up

im wondering if i should just throw on a vortech supercharger kit i mean $2,600 an thats like 100+rwhp, now with these heads alone are like $1,300, and then injectors are like$339, and then all this other stuff and then labor to make it work, now the charger kit is a full kit i can just throw on, u think that would be more worth it, instead of doing heads to gainlike 40hp prob at most :-\
TW's are good,but if you want a direct bolt on with no fuss....go with AFR's. But I would say that if you already have the whole top end loaded with Trick Flow parts,why not just deal with the little headache,and get the TW's...... It's not that hard to measure PR length,it's just takes a little extra time.

It depends on the condition of the motor,and your future plans.....but for me,every car that I ever owned was blown first...and then once I got bored.....I did the motors. You'll get more instant gratification from adding a blower rather than doing the heads......and even at moddest boost levels(10psi),with your current combo,you'll see more than an added 100whp with a blower. It's a no brainer for me >:D

94yellowgt

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
im wondering if i should just throw on a vortech supercharger kit i mean $2,600 an thats like 100+rwhp, now with these heads alone are like $1,300, and then injectors are like$339, and then all this other stuff and then labor to make it work, now the charger kit is a full kit i can just throw on, u think that would be more worth it, instead of doing heads to gainlike 40hp prob at most :-\
You can get injectors alot less than $339. Check with buyfordracing.com. I think they have their 24# injectors for like $219, but I could be wrong. Heck, I got 60# Siemens Deka injectors with 1000 miles on them for $300 and they work perfect.

As for your original question. You will need new head bolts or studs, I went with new intake bolts also (not necessary but I wanted the 12 point apr bolts), intake and head gaskets, silicone, anti-seize, new spark plugs, new roller rockers (I don't think you can get pedestal mount trick flow heads), valve cover gaskets, etc...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online