Kaenen or abc exlusive S-281?!

SonicStang

Reaction score
I heard positive feedback from ABC and from Kaenen as well. My question is which wing should I get? The ABC wing is made from fiberglass. The Kaenen one from polyurethane. That means the abc one weighs less. Any other pros and cons?

Suspect

Reaction score
kaenen, cuz i have one and it fits perfect. O0

o and fyi they are both made of fiberglass. i thought the abc one was made of polyurethane, but saw recently on their site its fiberglass.

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I thought the Kaenen was urethane. Does the Kaenen have 4 bolts and does them fit into the factory holes?

Suspect

Reaction score
yea it has 4 bolts, but i have a GT. i hear holes are different on the cobra trunks. :dunno:

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Suspect said:
yea it has 4 bolts, but i have a GT. i hear holes are different on the cobra trunks. :dunno:
Mine is a GT, too ;)

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
I called Kaenen but there was just an answering machine. When I sent an email I received an error... ???

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Unknown user

white98stang

Reaction score
Suspect said:

No theres no difference in the trunks that i know of.... all 4 bolts

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Any word from Kaenen? I may make an order today also :dancing6: Edit...Called i got the answering machine too :nonono:

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
Any word from Kaenen? I may make an order today also :dancing6: Edit...Called i got the answering machine too :nonono:
:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :-\

Reaction score
SonicStang said:
I heard positive feedback from ABC and from Kaenen as well. My question is which wing should I get? The ABC wing is made from fiberglass. The Kaenen one from polyurethane. That means the abc one weighs less. Any other pros and cons?
Urethane will allow you to change the shape, if it's twisted or has setled while sitting. That may sound bad, but if you get a firberglass and it doesn't fit, you're screwed. You'd have to send it back and may pay re-stocking + shipping fee.
I got my urethane wing from Stage3Motorsports and had to do some bending/weights, but it eventually molded to the right shape.
And no, I don't have pics because I moved and haven't painted the wing yet.

Suspect

Reaction score
yea thats the bad thing about kaenen, they dont answer the phone much. but keep trying cuz ull get em!

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
yea thats the bad thing about kaenen, they dont answer the phone much. but keep trying cuz ull get em!
I just sent them an email and have been calling since 3:30est.....i just left a message for them to call me.

????? If they wont answer the phone. Is it a good idea to do business with them. I mean if i make an order, i would probally be paying by phone with my debit card, right? Is this a good idea....

Suspect

Reaction score
theyre just busy im guessing. fyi they make stuff for steeda, so it safe to do business with them. i think it took me 2 days to get a hold of someone. it was worth it tho.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
theyre just busy im guessing. fyi they make stuff for steeda, so it safe to do business with them. i think it took me 2 days to get a hold of someone. it was worth it tho.
O0 Thanks Good To Know O0

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Sonicstang i like ur ride a lot how much did the wheels run you and how good do those tires grip on the street?

Eddie Z

Reaction score
Kaenen is the BEST fitting and BEST looking Saleen S281 wing you get for your Mustang. With that said....

Yes, it does take a few phone calls to get a hold of someone at Kaenen, it took me 3 days actually to finally get Kip (owner of Kaenen) on the phone. Kip was super nice to me on the phone, and invited me over to the shop to check it out. I happen to live roughly 1 hour from Kaenen, so I figured why not, cut down the cost of shipping, and I love going to shops to get a visual of how their business is run. Kip was also nice enough to wait for me to arrive at his shop past closing time (I arrived there at 7pm) Their shop is run by only two guys, Kip and his brother. They are ALWAYS out in the shop working, and barely hear the telephone from what he told me. They have alot of deadlines to meet, and they supply body parts to Steeda, CFM, PBF, and other various Mustang racing shops around the country. Kip told me he was going to hire a phone operator in the coming weeks. They must have had 100 hoods on a pallet ready to be shipped, and all of them looked VERY well built, I couldn't find a flaw in any one of them. They also build 32 Ford bodies, they just don't specialize in Mustang stuff. So yes, it does take a while to get someone on the phone, but it's well worth it! They are stand up guys that are just really busy. Leave them a message, and one of them will call you back.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I got off work early again today. What am i gonna do the rest of the evening you ask? Work the phone and try an get someone from Kaenen to pick up, of course.......

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
I got off work early again today. What am i gonna do the rest of the evening you ask? Work the phone and try an get someone from Kaenen to pick up, of course.......
Tell them to stay close to the phone because I plan to call, too. Or even better could you ask them if they ship to an APO box address? I know it works with usps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online