KB 2.1 Blower w/ PI Swap.

bear

Reaction score
Has anyone strapped a Kenne Bell (2.1 Big Bore) down to a PI'd 4.6? I have '02 PI heads on my '96GT. Im asking if this would work because I know you have to do some kind of tap on the intake for PI conversions for the extra coolant sensor. I wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge and or experience about tapping into a kenne bell for the sensor.

By the way HELLO to everyone, I'm new to this forum!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy on another forum who put a kb on his 96 with pi heads. I don;t think he had an issue with the extra sensor...i think KB added it for him. Your best bet is to call/email/smoke signal KB and get the info first hand.
I would be more concerned about the 10.3 compression ratio and the boost that will be bending your stock rods.

OP
OP
B

bear

Reaction score
Im getting a new small block with forged internals DSSRacing.

Adam

Reaction score
The pass side coolant sensor is what the PCM uses. The drivers side one that has nowhere to go is the coolant gauge. You can cut open the main plastic wire loom and run the wire down the drivers side block by the firewall and put it where the block drain plug goes. Its a direct fit. Just make sure you protect it from heat. I have a piece of new rubber fuel line wrapped around mine and then wrapped in heat tape. Its been that way for 3 years, its had shorties and longtubes both on there with no problems.

OP
OP
B

bear

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea, but I dont think I could follow those instructions without a book or something to look at. I would need some kind of word for word steps to follow. anywhere I could get that?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if your getting a forged shortblock there's really no issue.
slap it on.

Are you also lowering the compression?

OP
OP
B

bear

Reaction score
Yes I am trying to get CR around 9 to 1. My question wasn't if the block could take it, I was just asking for suggestions as to what to do with the extra coolant sensor that the '02 KB doesn't have a place for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online