KB stangers on DD come in....

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i may be wrong but the inlet on the KB blowers is 70MM so going 80 would be pointless. I have a Ram Heavy Duty clutch in mine. O0

The standard inlets are 70mm,and the flowzilla's are 80mm.......but with any P/D or twinscrew compressor,reducing inlet restriction is free power. Even with just the standar inlet,and stock t/b.....upgrading to a 80mm maf typically nets over 20hp. The same can be said about TB size,and air filter size. It's a totally different game when it comes to these blowers,and unlike other applications that suffer from larger flow parts,these compressors feed from it.

You could run a 65mm t/b,and have everything in front of it be 80mm,and the car will make up to 40hp more. It's a time proven thing for kb's,and it's a way of allowing the compressor to make more power,because the inlet restriction is lessoned,thus elimating parasitic thermal drag.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Well I figured since I want some jet hot coated long tubes why not use that same coating to help temps from the KB. Here what I plan:
E-brock performer heads or Brodix5.0 ST heads ported to match felpr 1262 gasket (same as lower cobra)
Cam possibly Ed Curtis or Ronnie Crowford custom
Coated LT and H or X not sure just yet
Bassani or Magna flow cat back
Ford 42lb injectors
80 mAs or lightning
TB will be matched with my entire induction system.
Mallory ignition with Live wires
Steward Warner high flow h2o pump and high flow rad
G-force tranny 650hp/tq
Not sure what clutch just yet
03 cobra diff with Superior 33 spline axles
Damn am i going to be poor real quick lol
EDIT: some where inbetween I'll upgrading brakes

Sounds like a good stout combo.....

I would go with the Eddie's instead of the Brodix's,but in all honesty,AFR's would be a better choice for the kb,many of us have had better luck with them.

Ed makes awesome cams for our cars,he's the man. If you don't go that route,go with the AFM B-31.

If you're running the standard inlet,go with a 75mm t/b,then hogg out the manifold to match,that's what i did. Also,don't go any lower than a 3 1/2" inlet pipe,bigger the better(afm power pipe would be best at 4"),an 80-90mm maf,and don't get the 1st generation lmaf,you'll peg it before you see 3400rpm on that combo. 2nd gen lmaf,new pro-flow,or a sct ba-2300. Obviously,a long cone filter(big boy style),do not skimp on the filter,it's the biggest restricting point on any system.

I've had good luck with the beefed up K/C kits,handles the same as a Spec 3,and just has a slightly heavier pedal than stock.

.....and dear god man......................GET SOME BRAKES!!!!!! :police: :hammer: :dancing6:

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
LOL yea the brakes will be added, I'm just going to have to take my time and piece this together. Being a new home owner I'm kinda buying things for the home and saving little for car mods. I have 2 years before we possibly get re stationed so i have time to piece it togher (hopefully)

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Oh this will be the blowzilla @8 psi then work my way up, thats kinda why I don't want AFRs as there is no meat to remove for a little growth. Plus the cost the most then the upgraded springs to add to that. If I remeber correctly Holleys are supossed to be copys of AFRs. So the y should flow about the same and cheaper, no?

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
besides mine being a slow POS and having gears in the rear, i drive mine in the rain, sleet and snow. The thing is you have to take your time in those conditions, stay under 50MPH on the highway and just be smart. even with my 315 DR's i have never been in a situation where i felt like the car would come out of my control. take it nice and easy.

Lol, paul man you make me laugh, i bet after driving my car (the showroom stock version of yours) for 24hrs you'd be DYING to have the power you have in the KB! :rollinglaugh:

Wyt man just get the biggest baddest KB you can afford and let your nutz hang man, fuck the weather, when it rains dont feather it, absolutely dump it through every corner and at every light HO YEAH! Just tame her and have fun riding that bitch if you know what i mean! :banana:

:D

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
The 2.2 is the biggest for the 94/95 and best off all I'm gonna have my wife order it (with my $$) as KB offers military discount ;)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Very nice, now forget that silly thing called rain, its has nothing to do with anything cept for free carwashes.

People that feather it in the rain are ghey.

:eek:uttahere:

*coming from a guy with a stock 95gt* :rollinglaugh:

:(

94twinscrew

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Oh this will be the blowzilla @8 psi then work my way up, thats kinda why I don't want AFRs as there is no meat to remove for a little growth. Plus the cost the most then the upgraded springs to add to that. If I remeber correctly Holleys are supossed to be copys of AFRs. So the y should flow about the same and cheaper, no?

The Holley's work great,that's why i went with the early World castings....they are freakin huge....like Power Heads,with 2.02 chevy valves. A lot of guys stay with the 165's because they don't sacrifice too much torque like the larger valved 185's do,but still offer a great flow rate.....and you'll be hard pressed to max them out to the point of restriction. I wouldn't even bother with the 8# pulley,esp with your future combo....tell them you want a 12,14,16# pulley,grab a snow kit,...........and go for broke!! You'll be in the 500's for whp,and your torque number will look like a skyscraper.lol

94twinscrew

Reaction score
wytstang said:
The 2.2 is the biggest for the 94/95 and best off all I'm gonna have my wife order it (with my $$) as KB offers military discount ;)

....hehe,actually the 2.0 hybrid is the little badboy,it contains the 2.0 rotor shafts(like the new 2.8kits),the 2.2 has the 1.4 rotor shaft lobes....same final cfm,just a slightly slower spool rate when compared to the 2.0. The 2.0 wasn't offered through Kb,I landed this one through the actual manufactuer,when i did my last upgrade. Cougar over on the Corral has one too.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Who the manufactuer??? I don't thing I'll be using the 14,16# pulley that a little to much, I was thinking keeping it around #10 max until I firure out what short block I want to live with (306-347)

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I wouldn't drive a mustang in the rain.. like i dont drive mine.

I used to back in the day when i was in my teens and had different mustangs but it was stupid.

The ass end of many of my mustangs get loose when taking off lightly in second, and even third... I am yet to try fourth

I know.. i'ma hypocrite.. sue me :hammer:

Anyway.. whatever decision you make be safe :pimp2:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Who the manufactuer??? I don't thing I'll be using the 14,16# pulley that a little to much, I was thinking keeping it around #10 max until I firure out what short block I want to live with (306-347)
I got mine direct throug Autorotor/OpconAB...they are the Swiss company that actually makes the blowers for KB. Don't sweat the boost man,I've been running over 15psi for almost 8 years on this car,and the past two is with the 18.5# pulley(17psi net)............and yes,this is still my stock bottom end,with 166k on the odometer. It's all in the tune,and how far you push it. I beat the sh#t out of my car constantly,and shift around 5500rpms. I have no blowby,and my compression is solid all across the board. If you go with a 306,you'll hit the ceiling at about 560whp,but with a 347,you could hit up to 600whp with the right amount of boost. These averages are with meth cooling of course,and would be drastically lower without it.

Tinman's combo is with a 347,afm b-31,afr 165's,and only the 15# pulley....and his numbers were 600whp with 560 of torque. And he is now the first non-innercooled kb 5.0 in the 9's :eek:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Quick96Mystic said:
I wouldn't drive a mustang in the rain.. like i dont drive mine.

I used to back in the day when i was in my teens and had different mustangs but it was stupid.

The ass end of many of my mustangs get loose when taking off lightly in second, and even third... I am yet to try fourth

I know.. i'ma hypocrite.. sue me :hammer:

Anyway.. whatever decision you make be safe :pimp2:

wtf did you have for tires? slicks? honestly you can drive any moderately powered mustang in the rain with a decent tire.

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
im not trying to say you have absoloutely no choice what so ever and you cant drive your mustang in the rain

it's really all on the person.. some people are 'trigger' (in this case pedal) happy

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
wytstang said:
I got mine direct throug Autorotor/OpconAB...they are the Swiss company that actually makes the blowers for KB. Don't sweat the boost man,I've been running over 15psi for almost 8 years on this car,and the past two is with the 18.5# pulley(17psi net)............and yes,this is still my stock bottom end,with 166k on the odometer. It's all in the tune,and how far you push it. I beat the sh#t out of my car constantly,and shift around 5500rpms. I have no blowby,and my compression is solid all across the board. If you go with a 306,you'll hit the ceiling at about 560whp,but with a 347,you could hit up to 600whp with the right amount of boost. These averages are with meth cooling of course,and would be drastically lower without it.

Tinman's combo is with a 347,afm b-31,afr 165's,and only the 15# pulley....and his numbers were 600whp with 560 of torque. And he is now the first non-innercooled kb 5.0 in the 9's :eek:
My God man 18# I'm just not that brave :( I really rely on this car to get me to work. That and the nearest reliable tuner is 3 hours away and the other good one is 4 hours away. So trying to swap out pully when I get there on a piping hot motor eating up time while trying to cool down is not to practicle for me.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
What head gasket are you blown guys using?? And meangreen GT how do you like your G-Force tranny??

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
wytstang said:
What head gasket are you blown guys using?? And meangreen GT how do you like your G-Force tranny??

If you give me 1600 id tell ya... lol I dont have a g force tranny. That last line in the sig is what i wanted to do this spring but plans have changed. Due to a money crunch i am now going with a 125 shot of juice so i can do have some fun. Tranny will remain a stock t5 and im just gonna burn a chip for the n2o. I need to update my sig i guess lol. Honestly id look into astro performances t5. Supposed to be better than G Forces (they have been known to randomly break a gear every once in awhile)

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
I pm'ed them about there Super T-5's on corral and they should be in full affect mid Feb I think he said (this was back in early Dec). That sucks your plan was derailed man I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me either.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya money is a bitch lol. Ill be happy with the n2o though i am pretty sure. Then i will start saving for a lightning :naughty:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online