KB stangers on DD come in....

wytstang

Reaction score
For those of you using KB's how does your car do i the rain? I really want to do a KB h/c combo (already have a ported cobra) but in about 2 yrs we may be moving to another AFB and more then likely Macord(sp) in Washington will be our next base. It rains pretty much all the time there and I'm very worried having 380+RWTQ @3500+ will make things to scary for me to want to try and drive it around that type of weather. Since my car is a street car and will probably only see the track a hand full of times in it's life a KB fits my RPM range/goal better then a centrifugal would. So what say you???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I say be light on the throttle ;D ;D

I think there is another guy other than Paul ( 95kbgt ) here that has one but I dont know his name. Having a blower of this type will require a gentle touch on the gas in poor weather. Much more than any thing else, I dont think it should keep you from getting one though. :)

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I try to not drive it when the roads are wet,but when I do it's a little hairy. Basically,you just have to go with light throttle and no gas through corners.....but you'd have that problem with any power adder car. The great thing about these blowers is that you control the boost level,and load conditions. So,it's not as bad as one would think.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
it doesnt really matter is you have a KB or some other power adder...driving in the rain will be a biotch if you can drive lightly and safely...even driving my lil 200HP non-pi will be bad news if you dont drive lightly and safely.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
I try to not drive it when the roads are wet,but when I do it's a little hairy. Basically,you just have to go with light throttle and no gas through corners.....but you'd have that problem with any power adder car. The great thing about these blowers is that you control the boost level,and load conditions. So,it's not as bad as one would think.
I was hoping you would chime in...Do you take off in 2ND or just normal? Living in a state were it rains 6 months out of the year (not sure if that's accurate so don't quote me) is a concern for me for safety reasons. I don't want to kill my self or some one else because I wanted more hp/tq for fun.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
wytstang said:
94twinscrew said:
I was hoping you would chime in...Do you take off in 2ND or just normal? Living in a state were it rains 6 months out of the year (not sure if that's accurate so don't quote me) is a concern for me for safety reasons. I don't want to kill my self or some one else because I wanted more hp/tq for fun.
The only time that really sucks is when you're stuck on a hill at a light,even startin in 2nd can be touchy....but my boost levels are way higher than yours,so i wouldn't sweat it too much. Auto's are more of a PITA than sticks,esp on the highway. You'll be fine man,just drive slow. :angel:

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Screw it after I get my 94/95 G-Force t5 I'm saving my pennys for a KB 2.2 thanks for chiming in I'll probably bug you and others the closer I get ;)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
besides mine being a slow POS and having gears in the rear, i drive mine in the rain, sleet and snow. The thing is you have to take your time in those conditions, stay under 50MPH on the highway and just be smart. even with my 315 DR's i have never been in a situation where i felt like the car would come out of my control. take it nice and easy.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Well I didn't buy a sports car to drive miss Daisy to the piggly wiggly but now i will have no choice "if" we get moved there.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Twinscrew do you think it would be worth it getting my lower Cobra Jet Hot coated??

94twinscrew

Reaction score
It helps a little with compressor heat transfer....but it's nominal.

....and on the other hand......it'll look bad azz >:D

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Well I figured since I want some jet hot coated long tubes why not use that same coating to help temps from the KB. Here what I plan:
E-brock performer heads or Brodix5.0 ST heads ported to match felpr 1262 gasket (same as lower cobra)
Cam possibly Ed Curtis or Ronnie Crowford custom
Coated LT and H or X not sure just yet
Bassani or Magna flow cat back
Ford 42lb injectors
80 mAs or lightning
TB will be matched with my entire induction system.
Mallory ignition with Live wires
Steward Warner high flow h2o pump and high flow rad
G-force tranny 650hp/tq
Not sure what clutch just yet
03 cobra diff with Superior 33 spline axles
Damn am i going to be poor real quick lol
EDIT: some where inbetween I'll upgrading brakes

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i may be wrong but the inlet on the KB blowers is 70MM so going 80 would be pointless. I have a Ram Heavy Duty clutch in mine. O0

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Why would it be pointless? I go by cfm not MMers myself

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wytstang said:
Screw it after I get my 94/95 G-Force t5 I'm saving my pennys for a KB 2.2 thanks for chiming in I'll probably bug you and others the closer I get ;)

Sweeet...I want a KB too, its on my to-do list...but sadly it wont be for a while :(

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Thats what I'm hoping for lol I want a pretty stong light to light monster when the weather permitts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online