Keep GT or get a Cobra?

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I really miss my GT some days, but it was just a stock 5.0. Then I drive the Cobra and remember why I got it. Then I hear strange noise and wonder why I got it. Then I look at it and ...

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Lol. I love the simplicity of the GT. GT's are more mod friendly imo, the perfect canvas to turn into whatever you want. the 96-98's cobra do not have much room to grow, and everything on them are expensive. Only logical option is to supercharged them and go from there.

NERD

Reaction score
Selling my GT was the single biggest mistake of my automotive life.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's amazing how many people are saying they wish the kept their cars, even those that "upgraded".

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Get the cobra.. if its clean. You miss the gt if you don't get a replacement. . Working with something new also revives the feeling of working on stuff

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

NERD

Reaction score
it takes a very long time to "get to know YOUR car." You have had it for 14 years but as comfortable as you are with your car, think of how you're going to feel trying to learn the new one. Even if the new car is an exact copy replacement, it still won't be the same car that you broke every bolt free on at least once while owning it.

There wasn't a single bolt I didn't break free, clean or replace on my Sxy. I can't imagine having that relationship and level of carnal knowledge of another car unless I build it from the frame up resto. ..kind of the reasons for not buying the first Mustang that has came my way.

I've worked on dozens of mustangs and i've always ended up saying, this would be much easier to do if it were my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online