Kenne Bell 1.5 v.s. 2.2

drifts14x

Reaction score
So I've decided to start saving for a supercharger for my 95 5.0 GT. I've looked at the options and I really just like the top mount Kenne Bell units. So I've seen some for sale, some are the new 2.2L units, some are the old 1.5L units. I am only looking to run 6PSI, Intercooling preferred, but still optional with that low of a boost number. So, will the 1.5L unit suit my needs (since they are soooo much cheaper), or do I have to cough up the extra dough for a 2.2L? This car will be my daily driver, so there are no plans to ever take it above 350HP (so none of the "Then you can't get to 750HP" comments). I just need to know which lasts longer, works better, will make me happier. Thanks again guys, this one has been puzzling me for a few days.

OP
OP
D

drifts14x

Reaction score
I realize that the kits are all now 2.2 Blowzillas, but there are a myriad of KB's on the used market that are 1.5's, so I'm trying to weigh the difference, if any to the two blowers.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you need to chat with KB ( Paul ) he had a 95 with the KB blower on it, cant recall what size thought although I DO know he was running 11psi on it 8)

M

musclemustang94

If you only want 350 horse i would say get a holly or trickflow top end kit. The trickflow one is like 2 g's and the holley one is 2 and a half g's. I believe the KB's are like 4 aren't they?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online