Kenne Bell 1.5 v.s. 2.2

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by drifts14x, Aug 3, 2007.

1. drifts14x

drifts14x Member

So I've decided to start saving for a supercharger for my 95 5.0 GT. I've looked at the options and I really just like the top mount Kenne Bell units. So I've seen some for sale, some are the new 2.2L units, some are the old 1.5L units. I am only looking to run 6PSI, Intercooling preferred, but still optional with that low of a boost number. So, will the 1.5L unit suit my needs (since they are soooo much cheaper), or do I have to cough up the extra dough for a 2.2L? This car will be my daily driver, so there are no plans to ever take it above 350HP (so none of the "Then you can't get to 750HP" comments). I just need to know which lasts longer, works better, will make me happier. Thanks again guys, this one has been puzzling me for a few days.

2. Ponyquest95

Ponyquest95 New Member

I have also been looking into the Kenne Bell stuff. It looks very nice. The print below is taken directly from the KB site. It is a costly unit and makes me start thinking turbo.
    http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/mustang50/mustang50.htm

5.0 KITS
    All 5.0 6 psi kits now come with the 2.2L
    BLOWZILLA. An underdrive crank pulley
    is required.

3. drifts14x

drifts14x Member

I realize that the kits are all now 2.2 Blowzillas, but there are a myriad of KB's on the used market that are 1.5's, so I'm trying to weigh the difference, if any to the two blowers.

4. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

bigger is better

5. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

you need to chat with KB ( Paul ) he had a 95 with the KB blower on it, cant recall what size thought although I DO know he was running 11psi on it 8)

6. If you only want 350 horse i would say get a holly or trickflow top end kit. The trickflow one is like 2 g's and the holley one is 2 and a half g's. I believe the KB's are like 4 aren't they?