Kenne Bell made 12psi with a 9psi pulley Last Night.....

the.greg

Reaction score
I'm admittedly biased, but mine is fun as hell! I really want to ride in a n2o car though...

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
^Yeah, I think centris are easier to launch than twin screws, but I've never driven a centri so what do I know.

Also people like to say how good kbs are because of the low rev power, but honestly at the 1/4 you pretty much stay at the upper rpms anyway, so I don't think its as much of an advantage as people like to think it is.

Oh my god, finally someone understands the difference in were the power is made! LOL

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I honestly think you can have a nice t/s car with a properly setup engine. Depending on cam selection, and few other things that factor into engine performance you can make the T/S car have nice top end. I think it wouldn't ever compare to turbo car, but you can have the best of both worlds.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I honestly think you can have a nice t/s car with a properly setup engine. Depending on cam selection, and few other things that factor into engine performance you can make the T/S car have nice top end. I think it wouldn't ever compare to turbo car, but you can have the best of both worlds.

Im sure you could but at the same time, if you had a centri car with a properly set up engine and cam, it would have better top end.

Its the nature of the beast I would say.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Ive owned a pretty wild turbo setup and currently own a nitrous and centri setup...I personally like the centri setup the best overall.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Im sure you could but at the same time, if you had a centri car with a properly set up engine and cam, it would have better top end.

Its the nature of the beast I would say.

Hey they are both are on a leash using a belt so it goes either way.

Ive owned a pretty wild turbo setup and currently own a nitrous and centri setup...I personally like the centri setup the best overall.

they both have their pros and cons.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score

What was your exact turbo setup? It was a rear mount turbo setup correct? Ive also hear that those are pretty bad as far as spooling etc etc? How much psi? Just curious cause as far as I can tell a propor turbo setup will out perform a centri setup all day everyday and it seems like those rear mount setups are pretty bad but maybe im just misinformed when it comes to them.

Hey they are both are on a leash using a belt so it goes either way.

they both have their pros and cons.

Not sure what that means but I do know that a KB on 10 psi will make 10 psi throughout the whole RPM range vs a centri car keeps making more and more boost with RPM.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah STS rearmount turbo, 14psi never had car fully dyno tuned to its full capabilities but it was making 680rwhp on 10psi. That was on my 383 stroked LT1 setup

Turbo's are definitely great for power vs psi, but they sure are a headache in getting setup properly and of course are $$$$$$$

For some reason turbo's started to get this "godly" name, not sure where this came from. Justin have you ever been in a turbo'd v8?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah STS rearmount turbo, 14psi never had car fully dyno tuned to its full capabilities but it was making 680rwhp on 10psi. That was on my 383 stroked LT1 setup

Turbo's are definitely great for power vs psi, but they sure are a headache in getting setup properly and of course are $$$$$$$

For some reason turbo's started to get this "godly" name, not sure where this came from. Justin have you ever been in a turbo'd v8?

Hmm, not bad. Why are you saying you like the centri better? Just for the ease of install and everything?

When did that turbo spool? I always heard those rear mount setups were really laggy?

Turbos just seem to be the way to go when you want to make big power...I mean you cant tell me that a nice sized single turbo setup wouldnt make retarded amounts of power pushing 20 psi into your motor.

I just figured turbo could make more power and torque than I would need where as I would be maxing out and over spinning the vortech. Im sure your car could make 650-700 rwhp with a turbo setup....

Actually, Im not sure I have ever been in a turbo v8 lol. Have been in many turbo 4 cylinders and a few supras but never a turbo v8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online