Kenne bell questions

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the process of installing my kenne bell blowzilla. The instructions are pretty vague and unclear in regards to touting vacuum and boost lines without the use of a fuel management system.

If anyone has a kenne bell and can take a couple close up pictures or give me any assistance as to where to route the vacuum lines it would be greatly appreciated!

This is from lasota racing

Pushrod Motor (5.0/5.8L) Kenne-Bell Supercharger Tips
The following tips are derived from our knowledge of Kenne Bell Superchargers on ’94-95 Mustangs but they can be applied to all KB blowers. Note: while these things worked for us, proceed with caution. Any damage done is YOUR responsibility, not LaSota Racing Technologies.

Things that Kenne-bell does NOT tell you or are not too clear:

If you are going to be running your supercharger without an FMU (They call it an FMB) you absolutely, positively must hook up the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) vacuum port to the boost side of the blower. Use plain old vacuum tubing, but use small hose clamps to hold it on. What happens is under boost, the fuel injectors, which are normally firing into a vacuum, have to fire into a positive atmosphere. Consequently, the car will go lean at the top end-a recipe for disaster. Doing it this way is known as ‘boost referencing’ you do not need any special kind of regulator to do this. When you do this the FPR will ‘see’ the boost and increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online