Kenne Bell Supercharger no longer available for 96-98 GT

MrE

Reaction score
I e-mailed Kenne Bell with questions about their supercharger kit for the SN95 GT their response

"We do not offer a kit for a 96-98 GT any longer. Only the 99-04 GT’s."

I weep.

Anyone know how much it would take to fit a supercharger for a 99-04 on a 96-98?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Torc tech still makes the kit for the 99-04 iirc. Switch to a 99-04 top end and that kit should bolt right on. Then source the blower from kb.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Simple and easy to install any 4.6l pi intake onto a 4.6l nonpi. I couldnt see any other resason why it wouldnt bolt on.

The water port is boot shaped on the npi head. When using a pi gasket, that boot water port does not match the pi gasket water port square shape. Most ppl use a big blob of rtv and let it set up for a day.

Am I missing something else? Possibly differences in the belt tentioner cause front covers changed around in the 99up

dino

Reaction score
PI swap and you're good.

I may have one for sale soon.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't offered the NPI KB in many years now. It's PI swap or find an SVO or Allen for your NPI heads.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
What makes the pi unit unswapable ontop of npi heads? And yes, swapping pi heads on a npi short block will make supercharging more fun than a pi long block

Mustanger

Reaction score
They stopped the pushrod 302/5.0 KB blowers a few years ago & it really through me for a loop...I was very disappointed & a bit peeved at them too. ..Then I came up with Plan B...Swap in a Coyote engine!! Yes it costs more but you get a new stock engine making STOCK HP right about where I would have made my MAX Power with the KB Blower! And look how far you can go safely with the Coyote! It would be nice to have the higher RPM range too! Compared to the older pushrod!

New Edge lookout!!! You are NEXT! Buy while you can!

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
They stopped the pushrod 302/5.0 KB blowers a few years ago & it really through me for a loop...I was very disappointed & a bit peeved at them too. ..Then I came up with Plan B...Swap in a Coyote engine!! Yes it costs more but you get a new stock engine making STOCK HP right about where I would have made my MAX Power with the KB Blower! And look how far you can go safely with the Coyote! It would be nice to have the higher RPM range too! Compared to the older pushrod!

New Edge lookout!!! You are NEXT! Buy while you can!

i flirted with this idea. But too rich for my blood. The car will be a weekend play thing and I'm not flush with cash sooooo. I wanted a cobra but I've decided the GT makes more sense money wise and also being able to intercool the KB blower is more ideal. Maybe I'll make it a "cobra clone" down the road.

Think a GT PI head swap and a Blower is the way to go

1996GTKB

Reaction score
I did this build, I have a 2004 top end on my 96 4.6. The inter cooled Kb blower fits great. Stock hood and everything. I'm making bout 450 to the wheels on my daily drive 9 pound of boost tune.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is the beauty of a positive displacement blower. Most of the power is lower in the rpm and can be tuned with more accuracy.

Choose the 04-up pi heads with 9thread sparkplug holes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online