kenne bell superchargers

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
so just stumbled across the site for kenne bell...
the question is how much HP can the stock 96 block hold?
also is this the type of supercharger that you always hear the whistling with?
and finally, anyone know of anyone running these?
stupid questions from a stupid person!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
so just stumbled across the site for kenne bell...
the question is how much HP can the stock 96 block hold?
also is this the type of supercharger that you always hear the whistling with?
and finally, anyone know of anyone running these?
stupid questions from a stupid person!

The KB blowers are hot as hell right now ( due to the 03 Cobra and what it has done ) there is a whine that comes from a KB blower but I think its a diffrent sound than what a centi blower has. The KB stlye blower offers instant boost with the touch of the throttle compared to the centi style blowers that build boost with rpm. The KB blower replaces the intake on your car, the blower is the intake. The kits they have are designed for the application that you are looking at, so the kit they have for a 96 would be fine for your bottom end..........just dont get greedy and try to make more boost than the kit is made to produce. There is one guy here that I know of with a KB blower his name is 95KBGT ( Paul ) send him a PM he may be able to help you more.

I want a KB for my cobra but the price tag is 6700 compared to a Procharger at 3400

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your stock block can take low 400 HP,
actually the block can take a lot more, the rods and pistons are the weak link.
Good tune, and you'll be fine.

no whistle with this one, just instant torque baby!

S

scarface

KB's are the shit! I would love to have that instead of my Paxton.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
theres a guy here with a red conv. 98 with a KB, his name leaves me at the moment

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg has it on his 98...he's a cool guy and will answer any questions you might have.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Your stock block can take low 400 HP,
actually the block can take a lot more, the rods and pistons are the weak link.
Good tune, and you'll be fine.

no whistle with this one, just instant torque baby!
so the stock pistons rods et.c need to be switched....
so for over 400 horses what should i do about the block?
i cant wait till taxes get back! :D
fiesta!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
leave the block, get a forged cobra crank, and some forged pistons and rods....and get low compression pistons.

GDawg

Reaction score
The Kenne Bell comes with an intercooler if you purchase a 9psi pulley or higher. This is fine for a stock engine. Any higher than a 9psi pulley you should build up your engine with forged internals. My car has been sitting for a few months cause of our great Rocky Mountain winter weather. In March I plan to take it in and get a Dyno Tune for the upcoming summer. I plan to do some body work before I invest anymore into my engine. But once I do, I will be building up the bottom end and going to a 14psi pulley. This is a very fun supercharger but expensive.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
The Kenne Bell comes with an intercooler if you purchase a 9psi pulley or higher. This is fine for a stock engine. Any higher than a 9psi pulley you should build up your engine with forged internals. My car has been sitting for a few months cause of our great Rocky Mountain winter weather. In March I plan to take it in and get a Dyno Tune for the upcoming summer. I plan to do some body work before I invest anymore into my engine. But once I do, I will be building up the bottom end and going to a 14psi pulley. This is a very fun supercharger but expensive.

damn right it is, almost 7 grand for the one I want :mad:

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:

damn right it is, almost 7 grand for the one I want :mad:

Yes, but you get much more than just the supercharger.

It's not as much more as you would expect once you buy all the other stuff for other superchargers and it's a superior product even if the Company is sort of a "Soup Nazi" organization... :noes:

KenneBellLabel.jpg

KBK01.jpg

KBK03.jpg

KBK04.jpg

KBK05.jpg

KBK07.jpg

KBK09.jpg

KBK10.jpg

KBK11.jpg

KB2.jpg

Beer Hot Babe not included...

KBK12.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Procharger comes with almost all the parts the KB does I bet, I know it has injectors / pump / intercooler / and all the hardware and such. The only thing I don't think it has is the chip :dunno: but anyway you put it the ATI is going to at LEAST equal if not better hp and tq numbers that the KB will give. And that's for half of what the KB cost. I'm not trying to talk down the KB because its what I want, I just know that the Procharger is a excellent product and is much cheaper. It just doesn't have the off idle power that I want......that the KB gives 8)

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
The Procharger comes with almost all the parts the KB does I bet, I know it has injectors / pump / intercooler / and all the hardware and such. The only thing I don't think it has is the chip :dunno: but anyway you put it the ATI is going to at LEAST equal if not better hp and tq numbers that the KB will give. And that's for half of what the KB cost. I'm not trying to talk down the KB because its what I want, I just know that the Procharger is a excellent product and is much cheaper. It just doesn't have the off idle power that I want......that the KB gives 8)

I'm one to always buy the best. I want something that is going to perform. I'm sure the others perform but my low end is incredible. It's a great street setup.

If you can afford it, go for it. If not, buy what you can afford.

Either way, a supercharger is a very nice addition. Took out a WRX on the first days of my setup. It shocked him (the WRX owner). I was smiling all the way home.

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
the way its looking I will be able to get it and have no money problems :)

DO IT....!!! I love to punk out the rest. I'll be getting vids this summer from Bandamere to show off the Mustang beating Chevys.

:pimp:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:

DO IT....!!! I love to punk out the rest. I'll be getting vids this summer from Bandamere to show off the Mustang beating Chevys.

So you got yours from the KB factory? How long to ship and how much?

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:

Four weeks to my door. $5,612 was the amount I wrote on my check. I had a few issues but KB took care of me.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:

Four weeks to my door. $5,612 was the amount I wrote on my check. I had a few issues but KB took care of me.

so you sent them a check in the mail? What were the issues?

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:
Snakebit said:

so you sent them a check in the mail? What were the issues?

I only have a $5,000 limit on my CC so I mailed them a check. The issues were a minor question about some small gaskets. They looked into it and sent me the gaskets regardless. They had left them out. Part was maybe $5.00 but I couldn't find them so they sent them to me. Nothing major but I made them deal with it. A '98 Mustang GT is not a real common car they sell to. I'm unique. :pimp2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ahhh, that sounds good Im looking forward to getting mine 8) Im not expecting anything to keep me from it :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online