Kenne Bell Superchargers

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Looks like KB has stepped up the size of thier superchargers in the basic kit from 1.7L to 2.1 big bore...

With the basic Kenne Bell kit, throwing one on a basically stock NPI 4.6, with just a few small bolt ons, how much HP at the wheels can i expect through a 5 speed?

ripper

Reaction score
360 maybe. With a PI swap 400+. Compression becomes an issue with the swap though. If i had a nonpi motor i would do the headswap and run spray. 10.5:1 is nice nitros comp. The money you save going nitros you can put into a nice set of cams or drag radials. Actually maybe both. The rule with cams is stage 1 DD stage 2 if its a weekend cruiser stage 3 trailor queen. Stage number coincides with the number of cars you have. LOL

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Thanks man, i thought the KB kits were expensive, 4999 for the kit for the 96-04....hmm....debating between the HP Performance TT kit or the Kenne Bell kit...lol

ripper

Reaction score
KB is the premo fi. There is nothing better, but on a non pi motor 5k and then the price of a tune is way too much IMO. I know nitros is a pita with keepin bottles filled and warm but the set ups they have today are safe and reliable. You never see a car on Pinks with a blower on it. Its always bottles. They arent gonna risk someone walking away with a 5k+ KB. LOL And spray is easier to sandbag with. ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online