Kenne Bell

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well down the road (after travelling next year) I want to probaly get a Kenne Bell for my car. Either that or turbo it. But a KB is much easier install, safer, easier tune, overall cheaper. So Im thinking that route. Anyone have experience with them or know much about how they are? KB the way to go for chargers or what?

:dancing6:

CManT1914

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with a KB on 5.0's, but I drove around a 2000 GT that had the Saleen getup on it, and that was freaking insane! The amount of torque was unreal, and it came on REAL fast.

wytstang

Reaction score
I was in communications with a stangnet member about this subject on his 95. He installed it himself and said it was one of the easies mods he did. Tap on the gas and torque was instantly there which made it a blast to drive. Although I can only image how "tricky" this would be on wet/snow roads. Turbos are nice but unless you know how to weld the labor is going to be freaking expensive. But if you have the $$ and down time needed to fit it then go for it.

Ram000

Reaction score
actually, my brother-in-law (future) designed a turbo kit for me for under $900, with used parts, of course, but can't beat that! all it really was was the turbo itself, fuel pump, fuel reg, injectors, and a couple other small things. he won't charge me for labor but of course i'm gonna pay him, he's got kids to feed, hehe.

94CobraR

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the KB is limited to an extent. Depending on how complex you wanted to get. Great for the street but I think the common limit is around 400-450 hp. Turbo's are a lot more efficient. yes, difficult to install and more expensive, but I gurantee you'll make more horsepower with less effort on a turbo. pro's and con's to all of it :)

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I went from n2o to an S-Trim, then a T-Trim and then a KB.
I'm currently turbo'd and I couldn't be happier. It is the best power adder I've ever run and it def takes less effort to run and is so much more efficient than any blower I had. Boost is also a push of the button to increase/decrease instead of changing pulleys.
You can build a DIY kit or have someone custom one up for you cheap. If you can find one used is a good deal also but ride in a turbo car before you make up our mind.
With the KB you are also slaved to using stock vc's and fpr unless you custom it.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
The elbow on the intake for the KB blocks any clearance to fit an aftermarket in there. The stock one fits in there tight as a mofo. You can shop around for used kits. Oink also can fabb one up with his eyes closed.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know I talked to Mike thats who I was hoping could help me out im sure he would do it for a resonable job and knowing his work it would be top notch for sure.

Code Red

Reaction score
94TURBO5 0 said:
I'm currently turbo'd and I couldn't be happier.  It is the best power adder I've ever run and it def takes less effort to run and is so much more efficient than any blower I had.  Boost is also a push of the button to increase/decrease instead of changing pulleys.
You can build a DIY kit or have someone custom one up for you cheap.  If you can find one used is a good deal also but ride in a turbo car before you make up our mind.
With the KB you are also slaved to using stock vc's and fpr unless you custom it.

What turbo kit are you running?

94SN95

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Well down the road (after travelling next year) I want to probaly get a Kenne Bell for my car. Either that or turbo it. But a KB is much easier install, safer, easier tune, overall cheaper. So Im thinking that route. Anyone have experience with them or know much about how they are? KB the way to go for chargers or what?

:dancing6:

Hey Matt I have a kenne-bell on my 94 GT and I would like to sell and go the TURBO route and yes they are very easy to install I have mine @ 10 lbs of boost. The torque it puts out is incredible mash the gas and it is instant. The only down fall is that there is no intercooler for the pushrods you are good for about 9-10 lbs anymore and you will need water injection to keep it cool I have a full polished model. I have the 2.0 model not the 2.2 BLOWZILLA. I have included a link that explains the 2.0 autorotor which makes all the compressors for kenne-bell .

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=716476&highlight=kenne-bell

Any more questions let me know also there is a group buy for the 2.0 model going on now on the corral .net

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=744749

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
The reason I didnt go Kenne Bell was that the 1.5 is only good for what, up to 10 lbs. ? now the blowzilla flowzilla is much more than that but if you are not in boost all the time or quite frequently they will over heat themselves. therefore the reason for the S-trim. Its one thing to shift gears and break your tires loose, its another to shift gears and 50- 60ft later start roasting the tires. thats fun. If I had a dollar for everytime someone sipping a drink, who thought they were SAFE from a shift and then Id roll into a burnout. :thumb: :dance:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94CobraR said:
Keep in mind that the KB is limited to an extent. Depending on how complex you wanted to get. Great for the street but I think the common limit is around 400-450 hp. Turbo's are a lot more efficient. yes, difficult to install and more expensive, but I gurantee you'll make more horsepower with less effort on a turbo. pro's and con's to all of it :)
That's exactly right, I was looking at KB, but decided to go Turbo.

If you're happy with 400 HP, go for the KB!
Instatatorque is fun on the street.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
i would defintaly suggest turbo if you can fab stuff up your self if not go with a blower

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Code Red said:
What turbo kit are you running?

Hey man I'm running a GenII Pro Turbo Kit with a T-70 upgrade. oh.... and all kind of other crap like methanol and n2o. :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CManT1914 said:
I don't have any experience with a KB on 5.0's, but I drove around a 2000 GT that had the Saleen getup on it, and that was freaking insane! The amount of torque was unreal, and it came on REAL fast.

right off idle

MikeF

Reaction score
i think i will stay with my v1 it works great ant if i keep this combo untill next summer i would install a procharger intercooler(ait to air)up boost to 12psi and let her eat in fact its 50%outside who needs intercooler today with 10psi see ya later going roast nitto,s for lunch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online