Kenny Bell Supercharger OR A single turbo kit

Stang96

Reaction score
what would i get the most power from????a turbo or a kb supercharger?

tooslow

Reaction score
that all depends on the set-up. what sized turbo, which KB?

generally, you'll more power and better performance out of a turbo. there are turbos available that outflow the KB and just make more power. if your engine is up to the task of spooling it. if you're going for something a little more streetable, maybe the KB is right for you. all depends.

big turbo > KB. most of the time

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
As said above, turbos are normally the most powerful poweradder! But if this is your street car then the KB will suit you just fine! It really depends is what we are both trying to say!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
they both own a stock motor...so it doesn't matter which one you can get the most power from.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
You can get a turbo setup to outperform a KB on the track very easily. You can also get a KB that'll perform on the track as well as or better than the turbo.

performance with a turbo has alot of variables as you can stick to small single or twins that spool quickly, or you can do a large twins or single that'll spool later in the RPMs..

Too many variables to tell you what your asking. but the KB will give you instant boost. the quickest spooling turbo setup i've seen was on my carb'd 5.0 and it used 2 T3 turbo's off a turbocoupe thunderbird. it spooled at 2400rpm but by 4800+ rpm's the turbo's didn't supply enough air to make good HP.

lots of variables. tell us what you want out of the car and we can narrow the variables down.. IF you just want a fun daily driver a KB will be plenty for ya though.

OP
OP
S

Stang96

Reaction score
i want to do track racing and still the occational street racing i just want to beat vetts....

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you want to focus more on track racing, i would spend the money on a good suspension before adding power.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I agree do some suspension work and then worry about power. If you can't get the power to the ground you'll never be able to have a decent time and drive the car to its fullest. Either a properly sized turbo or a KB would do good for you in those situations those.. the KB will give you more off the line punch than the turbo though.

GDawg

Reaction score
Listen to these guys about traction. I put in a KB SC and I still run the same times cause I spin through 60' really bad. Time to replace my H&R SS for some Voltlands. And MT ET Drag radials.

:pimp:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd rather have a nice Turbo setup but when swapping to Turbo you also need to get a new K-member kit so that can be a headache that might not be worth it over a KB...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I'd rather have a nice Turbo setup but when swapping to Turbo you also need to get a new K-member kit so that can be a headache that might not be worth it over a KB...
actually its isn't a necessity to switch to a tubular front...they make 4-into-1 forward facing headers for the modular that works with the stock K and a/c and everything...i would say the only necessity is to run coilovers to route the downpipe through the space where the spring is.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
DropTopPony said:
actually its isn't a necessity to switch to a tubular front...they make 4-into-1 forward facing headers for the modular that works with the stock K and a/c and everything...i would say the only necessity is to run coilovers to route the downpipe through the space where the spring is.

Exactly! my turbo setup works w/ stock everything up front, except for the downpipe.. you'd have to either route it under the Stock K or get coilovers and snake it around the A arms.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Even the smaller turbo's out there have turbo lag
and are not as efficient or dependable as a KB will be on
a daily driven car.Yes the KB will give you instant boost
and be a better choice if you ask me.You will love the power
that the KB gives but,you will want some sticky tires to plant
all that power to the ground.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
DropTopPony said:

That is good to know, do you have a link to who sells them incase my Visa needs a workout :hammer:
I'd actually go with a full kit with Tubular K etc (just drop it off at MPH) but alot of the guys who ask this question can barely afford a blower so i think the KB is the better bet for most because you don't need to change anything else...but if you can't afford some coil overs then you probably shouldn't be getting a KB or a Turbo :-X

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
That is good to know, do you have a link to who sells them incase my Visa needs a workout :hammer:
I'd actually go with a full kit with Tubular K etc (just drop it off at MPH) but alot of the guys who ask this question can barely afford a blower so i think the KB is the better bet for most because you don't need to change anything else...but if you can't afford some coil overs then you probably shouldn't be getting a KB or a Turbo :-X
www.turbochargedinnovation.com

these will most likely be the headers i get when i start my turbo setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online