Key fob not working

WT95GT

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT vert 5 speed.It was stored away since Oct of 2018.Just got it out and battery was dead, got it charged back up but now the key doesn't work.Is there a battery in the Key fob?It only has 46,500 miles org.

lutter94

Reaction score
You do not need a key fob for the vehicle to start, do you??? This is crazy. It's not a push button start or something weird like that.

The 96 and up chip keys, thats in the key itself, not the fob.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was assuming by the title that he meant the keyless entry remote was not unlocking. If its not starting then its not the remote battery and there is no pats

lutter94

Reaction score
I'm so confused lol, title says key fob, but if he got the thing charged, it must have been unlocked the whole time? Key doesn't work still confuses me. LUCY, LUCY, YOU'VE GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO........

PinkieT

Reaction score
I just absolutely hate the word fob myself. its a remote people....

Key fob : an object attached to a key chain or key ring especially a small electronic device used typically in place of a key (as to unlock a door or start a vehicle) or to remotely initiate the action of another device (such as a garage door)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
fob sounds like a word mouth breathers use. Saying it makes me feel dumber then when I walk into walmart.. Hearing it just makes me wonder why people want to sound silly. Fob.... "fob you" makes more sense to me then saying my fob doesn't work, and meaning a part on your car.

https://www.viper.com/car/remotes/

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Car remotes are care remotes. Fob’s are what I sell along with access control systems. They allow you to gain entry into a door by swiping the fob at the reader.

If it sends a signal remotely then it’s a remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WT95GT

WT95GT

Reaction score
OK, my mistake. FOB or remote will not open the doors or trunk.The KEY starts the car just fine, and opens the doors and trunk.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes then the battery in the REMOTE needs to be replaced, as well as you use of the word FOB :)

Did I say welcome to the forum? :)

lutter94

Reaction score
you-could-say-that-its-fobulous-that-youre-here.jpg

PinkieT

Reaction score
fob sounds like a word mouth breathers use. Saying it makes me feel dumber then when I walk into walmart.. Hearing it just makes me wonder why people want to sound silly. Fob.... "fob you" makes more sense to me then saying my fob doesn't work, and meaning a part on your car.

https://www.viper.com/car/remotes/
You must know more than the The Merriam Webster dictionary.

"key fob : an object attached to a key chain or key ring especially: a small electronic device used typically in place of a key (as to unlock a door or start a vehicle) or to remotely initiate the action of another device (such as a garage door)"

Walt

Reaction score
Its been a while since my '95, but I had the factory alarm. The factory alarm would disable the starter when locked/armed. So, if the OP's SN95 was last locked with the keyfob, and has the factory alarm, his starter might be disabled. He'll have to get the keyfob working again so that he could unlock, and thus disarm, the factory alarm with it.

This is even fainter in my memory, but in the trunk, behind the cardboard on the driver's side, there is a way to jumper the wire harness leading to the factory alarm module, is override (bypass) the starter disable function.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online