key igniton

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
well i would be able to change out the iginition cylinder.... but my problem would be reprograming the new key... i would have to drill out the old cyilender to even turn on the key on the on position... idk how ima reprogram it

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought you could not turn the ignition? Did we confirm you have pats? Can you see the little door on the back of the key? IT can be turned off with a programmer if you know someone with one

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
Well It dose have pats and i can drill it out to where i can turn it on the on position.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how do you do that? By drill it out I meant literally drill out all the pieces and then pick the remaining out with pliers and such. I am not aware of a way to drill it to allow you to turn your key.

I am not all that familiar with it but now that I think about it I think part of the ignition lock is accessable from the bottom of the column. I think when you disconned the hrns/mount that holds it all to the cylinder there is a rod that sticks out but I am not sure if that locks the cylinder or if the cylinder locks it in place. Anyone else remember this? its been years since I did it..

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
Ima drill out all the igniton teeth. i really have no choice. i cant take it anywhere cuz the streering wheel is locked.

PonyGlued

Reaction score
like I said mine was acting up so Sat. I took my truck and bought the cheapest of the three offered at AutoZone. When I drove home and got in the stang it took me 30 minuets of constant trying, moving the wheel while trying to turn the key, moving the release knob, pulling the key out a 1/64 to get the key turned to "run". Are you trying like that and just being patient and playing with it to get it to turn?....finally got it to turn after a half hour of trying. Then I used a 1/8 drill bit to depress and pulled the old cylinder out

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not positive but I think if you drop the hush panel below the colum and then remove the ignition hrns form the colum on the bottom I thought that part of the lock mechanism was able to be seen and manipulated. Can anyone confirm this?

philly101

Reaction score
i can say its not the pats key i use a non pats key to unlock my wheel but i have to have a pats key next to it to start it lol i was being cheep my pats key broke lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am pretty sure now that I think about it that the steering lock you can simply unscrew the hrns that holds the ignition hrns to the steering column and when you pull it out I am pretty sure that disconnects the steering column lock. Its just a pin that sticks out in that hrns that when it is actuated it locks the column.

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
So i got her drillout and new iginition in, just working on figuring out how to reporgram it... check out the pics if i can get them up
http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/BlackleathalZ/media/IMG_0188.jpg.html?filters[user]=128558017&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/BlackleathalZ/media/IMG_0187.jpg.html?filters[user]=128558017&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
IMG_0189.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online