Kirkey seat sizing

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a kirkey seat to put in my 98. It looks like these seats are made for small people lol. What size seats are you guys running and how big are you (if I may ask). Im 5'9" and weigh in around 220lbs. Im wondering what seat to get, Im pretty positive the 18" seat will fit perfectly but I dont know if I should get the 20" Big Boy seat.

RobbinsSr

Reaction score
I'm 6' and 290. I have sat in both the 17 and 18. If you are going to track the car alot I would go with the snugger fit. I just feel safer that way.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm 6' and 290. I have sat in both the 17 and 18. If you are going to track the car alot I would go with the snugger fit. I just feel safer that way.

Thank you for the reply! Im really glad to hear some feedback. Im looking for a decent fit but it also cant get uncomfortable after 20 minutes of driving. I know there is some comfort to be lost and I accept that but my drive to work is an hour and a half so it has to be able to make that at least. Its not going to be an all out track queen.

RobbinsSr

Reaction score
I went with the SVE S1 seats because my drive is an hour each way also. they are a bit tight but I figured the would relax a bit after while. I had to modify the bracket on the driver seat because it sat higher than I liked. but other than that I like them sofar. I would like them better if they didn't lean back so far, but Im working on that.

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-7904S-PR/SVE-S1-Mustang-Racing-Seat-Black-Assembled-79-04

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rocked some fixed back Corbeaus in my 95. 6", 215lbs at the time, 36" waist, had to get the wider seat. No experience with Kirkeys, but would recommend a reclining back if you drive that much. Fixed back are def doable, but it gets old.

lutter94

Reaction score
Rocked some fixed back Corbeaus in my 95. 6", 215lbs at the time, 36" waist, had to get the wider seat. No experience with Kirkeys, but would recommend a reclining back if you drive that much. Fixed back are def doable, but it gets old.
Idk what you're measuring that is 6 inches. And I don't think I want to know lmao

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
he ain't tall but he is wide.... If you put your ear on your shoulder I hear he is almost 6 ft long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online