KONI STR T Shocks/Struts Anyone??

robb15033

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on installing the kONI str t's with lowering springs?
I will match them with H&R SS springs + bumpsteer & X2's.
PICS??

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Thanks. I contacted Maximum Motorsports about the parts list I have acquired. I have Fox Body Koni's. They informed me that the proper set up for best results is to go with Fox Body struts and SN95(94-98) shocks. I will need to at least install a new snub pinion bumper, possibly with some spacers to ease the blow of bottoming out if it unfortunately happens.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The MM pinion snubber is a good piece. I don't think you'll have many problems with bottoming out as it rarely ever happens to me in my car and I'm currently tucking tire in the rear. If anything you can always cut off a small portion of the snubber to allow more travel in the axle... which again I doubt you will have to do with the setup you're going to run.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Or just put sn95 S/S all the way around.. Either way. The STRs are fine but the yellows are generally what is recommended for something going that low. STRs are more of a stock replacement. But will still work

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I got the H&R SS springs, bumpsteer kit and X2's. I want to see some convertibles with H&R SS springs and would like to verify that they installed the convertible style or the coupe style. I believe that they have 2 different M#'s (vert & coupe). My front end is about 2" higher than rear when measuring wheel well to tire.
Time to check out the lowering/suspension thread.

Redford

Reaction score
I got the H&R SS springs, bumpsteer kit and X2's. I want to see some convertibles with H&R SS springs and would like to verify that they installed the convertible style or the coupe style. I believe that they have 2 different M#'s (vert & coupe). My front end is about 2" higher than rear when measuring wheel well to tire.
Time to check out the lowering/suspension thread.

I have pics of mine up on this site somewhere. That does not sound right. My car has a rake to it, with the H&R SS (convertible springs) and poly isos all around. The front tire to fender is maybe an inch, very little gap.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I have pics of mine up on this site somewhere. That does not sound right. My car has a rake to it, with the H&R SS (convertible springs) and poly isos all around. The front tire to fender is maybe an inch, very little gap.
I was reffering to the way it sits stock. Sorry for any confusion.
_SEE BELOW:
639d0323-3c97-4037-9f6c-6c2f994e25f8_zps491deabd.jpg

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I would like to see a before/after picture or two of your vert, please-
Here you can see how 4X4 "up there" I am:
convert010_zpsbacd45f8.jpg

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
there is something wrong there man.. these cars DO NOT come from the factory like that.. I mean they sit like 4x4s stock.. But someone did something and ****ed something up somewhere.

redo suspension ASAP!!!

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
OK. Thanks. So I should expect even bigger gains when attempting to get a lower stance. The before/after should be dramatic, yeah?
I cant wait to get it done. I searched through AM pics of same H&R SS vert springs & all looked consistently perfect-like stance. I suspect that the Fox Koni's will perform superbly.
Thanks

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
H&R SS is a great stance.. It will lower your front end by like 6 inches LOL. Take out the Isos will lower it even more, and having fox shocks will make it a bit lower up front as well.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I would like to see a before/after picture or two of your vert, please-
Here you can see how 4X4 "up there" I am:

Your front struts are blown. That's why your up there so much. All your riding on is the Springs. Same thing happened to me.

All stock springs with blown shocks and struts. Then a picture with H&R Race springs Front no ISO's from a 99-04 Cobra and Steeda Comp rears with 1 ISO and Bilstein HD'SThe Steeda Rears are coming off and H&R Super race are going in in week or so when I have time.

f3425fe1f4ab874f435222e729a3a624.jpg

20140222_141853.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
H&R SS is a great stance.. It will lower your front end by like 6 inches LOL. Take out the Isos will lower it even more, and having fox shocks will make it a bit lower up front as well.

Fox shocks and and struts will not do anything for ride height. Your car sits on springs. The job of a strut or shock is to control the bounce/rebound/ travel and so forth when driving,riding,cutting corners and so forth. Now if you have Coilovers then it can be and will be different.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yes win you are correct and I do know this. Not quite sure why I included that in there. Was thinking of a few different things there. Good catch. fml

but to op still go with a better shock/strut.

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I have been looking at the STR-T's but have not pulled the trigger. Might be thinking used bilsteins now.

Anyway from what I understand about fox and sn-95 shocks and struts.
The rear shocks are the same except the fox shocks do not come with internal bump stops.
The front struts are longer on a fox than they are on a sn-95. this means when lowering you will gain an inch of travel by using fox struts on a sn-95. BUT!!!!!!!! this also means when your car is lowered your tire will travel and extra inch into the wheel well and rub or rub right through the well cover. Guess what is above the well cover????? your wiring harness! So be careful with fox struts on a sn-95.

so should I get the str-t's???

CWO

Reaction score
I have them paired up with an eibach pro kit and don't love the ride, but it's not bad. I preferred the tokico blues to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.