KONI STR T Shocks/Struts Anyone??

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have been looking at the STR-T's but have not pulled the trigger. Might be thinking used bilsteins now.

Anyway from what I understand about fox and sn-95 shocks and struts.
The rear shocks are the same except the fox shocks do not come with internal bump stops.
The front struts are longer on a fox than they are on a sn-95. this means when lowering you will gain an inch of travel by using fox struts on a sn-95. BUT!!!!!!!! this also means when your car is lowered your tire will travel and extra inch into the wheel well and rub or rub right through the well cover. Guess what is above the well cover????? your wiring harness! So be careful with fox struts on a sn-95.

so should I get the str-t's???

Bilsteins

i paid 200 or 225 for all 4 of my Bilstein HD's

struts only had 2,000 miles and the shocks had 5,000

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
"Fox/SN", "Fox X 4", "SN95 X 4"??
I went with all sn=95's at all 4 corners. Only lowering it 1". Yes the fox struts would enable me to have that extra inch of travel but I'm just burnt out with modding stuff. When using the fox struts you have be aware of rubbing the well protector because the wiring harness is above it. So I just did not feel like dealing with it.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have been wanting some new Koni Yellows too...I thought they were adjustable by a click setting knob or something...but just heard you have to disconnect the rear shocks, completely compress them then turn the body while holding the shaft...is this correct? Not very doable while on the car looks like...can you guys verify this please?

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I have been wanting some new Koni Yellows too...I thought they were adjustable by a click setting knob or something...but just heard you have to disconnect the rear shocks, completely compress them then turn the body while holding the shaft...is this correct? Not very doable while on the car looks like...can you guys verify this please?

Oh wow you're right. I never knew this about the yellows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmhhcEYsVs

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I finally was able to get an alignment on my car. Today was the first day out on the road as a street car. Very happy with all the work that was done.

The KONI Str-T shock and struts are great stock replacements for $300. They do their job. Recommended to anybody looking to replace stock dampers. I was on some bumpy roads and the car felt nice like a street car should. The front end did not crash while hitting a bump. I have 525 rate 1" BMR Lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the back with weight jackers lowered about 3/4". I could not be happier. My old set up was set up for straight line and since this transformation it is a whole new car. The KONI Dampers were just a part of the reason. These dampers are not for the racer x types but excellent for a step up stock replacement. That what I come away with after my drive today.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I finally was able to get an alignment on my car. Today was the first day out on the road as a street car. Very happy with all the work that was done.

The KONI Str-T shock and struts are great stock replacements for $300. They do their job. Recommended to anybody looking to replace stock dampers. I was on some bumpy roads and the car felt nice like a street car should. The front end did not crash while hitting a bump. I have 525 rate 1" BMR Lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the back with weight jackers lowered about 3/4". I could not be happier. My old set up was set up for straight line and since this transformation it is a whole new car. The KONI Dampers were just a part of the reason. These dampers are not for the racer x types but excellent for a step up stock replacement. That what I come away with after my drive today.
Thats great! Best news I've heard all day. I'm siked to get them paired with the H&R's.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
KONI STR-T shocks are awesome have a set on the green stang .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online