Lakewood Lift Bars?

ALITL8

Reaction score
what are your thoughts on them? my tuner/mech. recommended that i purchase a set but ive already had a couple of people say not to use them :dunno:

btw, HI YA'LL!!! im still around just busy with work and getting ready to drop the car at the shop for a little while :naughty:

i'll fill you in with more details later O0

Downshift

Reaction score
Ive heard about the same for those about half like them half say no, Im sure Dalamar will know haha.

And ya man you havnt been around forever. Let us know whats going on with the stang good to see your back.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Ive heard about the same for those about half like them half say no, Im sure Dalamar will know haha.

And ya man you havnt been around forever. Let us know whats going on with the stang good to see your back.

i can say this... i cant swing the full on motor build right now so ive come up with an affordable alternative O0 should be pretty nice!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are " old school" man they are a basic traction bar with nothing fancy about them. The old 5.0 guys from back in the day so to speak will sit and tell you all about them, with new products coming out all the time they kind of go lost on the market. I ran them on my 91GT for a long time with great results, plus they are pretty cheap.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
they are " old school" man they are a basic traction bar with nothing fancy about them. The old 5.0 guys from back in the day so to speak will sit and tell you all about them, with new products coming out all the time they kind of go lost on the market. I ran them on my 91GT for a long time with great results, plus they are pretty cheap.

its these... are they old school? theyre for the 79-98 mustangs according to summitracing.com

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400272+305103&autoview=sku

lak-21900_w.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
These are the ones I am talking about http://store.summitracing.com/partd...AK-21314&N=700+400272+305103+115&autoview=sku
Lakewood has been around forever so they add and tweak their bars periodically I guess to keep up with new designs, the ones you posted have a " more advanced" look to them than the ones I ran. But the basic working function is there. Do you have LCA or UCA's on your car now? I know a few guys that have Mega Bites on their 95/94 cars that are very happy with them.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
im running stock upper and lower right now. ive been told to keep my stock uppers because of binding issues with the aftermarkets. im just wondering if i should spend the extra $50 for the lift bars or just go with some standard hipo lca's like these:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...AK-20150&N=700+400272+310381+115&autoview=sku

they dont say all that stuff about loading the chassis, etc. so im wondering if there's a big difference. my tuner says everyone that he's put these on for LOVES them... even women LOL

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
no one else has any opinions? boy, thats odd for this board :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
they look pretty good, but are old school thinking and are the proven on the Sn?

For traction, you'd be better to get the MM lowers and keep your uppers.
they bushings in the MM arms are much better than the other one's that are slightly less money.

We can talk suspesion a lot.
What exactly are you wanting to do?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
What exactly are you wanting to do?

im not going too crazy... ive got the cc plates installed, im going to purchase some tokico hp blues (cause ive got a blown strut), ive got my subframe connectors that still need to be installed, im ordering some torque box reinforcements for the lowers and getting some LCA's (just havent decided on which ones).

on top of that, today i go pick up a 4.6 PI motor with 60K for $500 :D i'm gonna throw my few bolt ons on it, some longtubes/exhaust, retune and call it good for a while. tranny and rear end will come a little later depending on how long they last.

edit:// not picking up the motor today... looks like it'll be tuesday evening :(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
going from non PI to a PI motor?? Your going to need every rear end part there is for that HUGE of a power increase ;D ;D ;D ;D

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: thats a great deal on that PI engine your getting O0, so are you planning on some regular strip play or just the occasional visit??

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
going from non PI to a PI motor?? Your going to need every rear end part there is for that HUGE of a power increase ;D ;D ;D ;D

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: thats a great deal on that PI engine your getting O0, so are you planning on some regular strip play or just the occasional visit??

lol, its actually going to be at least 40 hp!!! i'll be doing the occasional track visit... like now. we still drive the car around town, grab groceries, go to car shows, "just cruise", etc.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Snakebit said:

lol, its actually going to be at least 40 hp!!! i'll be doing the occasional track visit... like now. we still drive the car around town, grab groceries, go to car shows, "just cruise", etc.

;D ;D well I was partly picking and partly being honest........the PI swap will make that pony feel like a new car, even though it wont be a 11 second monster it will feel and be a lot quicker than what it is now. :boink:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
;D ;D well I was partly picking and partly being honest........the PI swap will make that pony feel like a new car, even though it wont be a 11 second monster it will feel and be a lot quicker than what it is now. :boink:

the real up side is it WONT BE NPI ANYMORE!!! i'll have more options for upgrading and way less mileage... my little motor is rolling up on 200,000 way to fast (170,000 now and can still run 14.7's consistantly). im kinda fired up about it but am trying to keep it a secret locally. im gonna show up at the track with no real noticeable changes and rip off a 13.x :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Snakebit said:

the real up side is it WONT BE NPI ANYMORE!!! i'll have more options for upgrading and way less mileage... my little motor is rolling up on 200,000 way to fast (170,000 now and can still run 14.7's consistantly). im kinda fired up about it but am trying to keep it a secret locally. im gonna show up at the track with no real noticeable changes and rip off a 13.x :D

so you are putting your boltons on it, you going to go to a dyno to get it tuned?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
so you are putting your boltons on it, you going to go to a dyno to get it tuned?

yep, switching the bolt ons over and my tuner is doing the swap and retune. im also going to upgrade the exhaust... long tubes, o/r h or x and maybe a new catback :naughty:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
should be SWEET :bunny3: :banana:

im pretty excited about it... its not much but will be a major improvement over what it is now!

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
ordered the parts...

Mustang Lower Control Arms Reinforcements Torque Box ebay.com $52.99 with shipping

Tokico HP (Blue) Shocks and Struts ebay.com $279.00 free shipping

Lakewood Traction Action Lift Bars summitracing.com $210.90 with S&H
(i'll let ya'll know what i think about them)

should i start a build thread? LOL

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
ordered the parts...

Mustang Lower Control Arms Reinforcements Torque Box ebay.com $52.99 with shipping

Tokico HP (Blue) Shocks and Struts ebay.com $279.00 free shipping

Lakewood Traction Action Lift Bars summitracing.com $210.90 with S&H
(i'll let ya'll know what i think about them)

should i start a build thread? LOL

Well im glad someone has ordered parts around here ;D ;D my god I have had my mind set for about 2 weeks now that I was going to jump on my L......first I was going to get my lowering kit, then a few days ago I decided to go on and get wheels for it too.

NOW Im thinking about putting that on the side for right now and getting to work under the hood ( intake / pulley / coldair / NGK's......... ) I cant make up my mind :-[

oh, let us know when your stuff comes in, and take pics when you get started on it ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online