Larger front rotor setup for GT's?

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I was thinking that I need some larger rotors to fill in the front wheels a little better. Is there any type of kit out there that allows to mount the stock calipers to allow larger rotors (13"?) like they have for the rear (i believe it's baer who makes the rear kit).
I dont need the added stopping power so I just wanted to use my stock calipers and only have to buy a bracket and rotors..

does it exist?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think so for the front, but its deffently worth the money for the cobra upgrade I got mine for a pretty damn good deal thru stang suspension and I love them!

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I dont think so for the front, but its deffently worth the money for the cobra upgrade I got mine for a pretty damn good deal thru stang suspension and I love them!

What parts exactly are needed for the front cobra upgrade? I'd try to piece it together myself and see if I could save a couple bucks that way..

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
After some thought, I remember seeing many newedge GT's with svt focus brakes up front. I also remember hearing that they are a direct bolt on.. Are they a direct bolt on with our sn's?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MAXX RS4 said:
Matt94GT said:

What parts exactly are needed for the front cobra upgrade? I'd try to piece it together myself and see if I could save a couple bucks that way..

PBR (Cobra) Calipers (same as the Baer ones), 13" Cobra rotors, cobra brake lines I suggest SS lines. Honestly you can prob buy it part by part used for cheap but all together brand new it wasnt that much totally worth it.

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Where's the cheapest place I can get the whole kit?

Do I need a new master cylinder to compensate for the extra volume of the cobra calipers?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used the GT master, your pedal feel will be firmer but I love it.

I got all my stuff from stangsuspension.com
* 35th anny cobra calipers (red)
* Stangsuspensions 13" Slotted/drilled rotors
* Stangsuspensions SS braided lines

I gotta say their lines were super nice, and the rotors are great so far, no complaints at all and I saved a bunch getting their rotors.

They are now a sponsor of the site so they should give you a discount on the parts.

Ender

Reaction score
MAXX RS4 said:
Are the mach1 and cobra front calipers the same?

Cobra, Mach 1, and Bullitt calipers are all the same, just different paint jobs.

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Sweet. I just made about $1500 yesterday so maybe I'll being buying the things I need..

Should I do that or save up to go to mexico in an all inclusive resort with the girlfriend?.. Hmmm...

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I just pulled in another $500. I wont discuss how (nothing illegal, but it could cause a lot of trouble for me).

I also discovered a way to get the whole kit (minus the caliper brackets- wtf? Anyone have an extra set of front caliper brackets?) for about $250. I'll discuss that later, after I have what I need.

I think I'm going to splurge and get the stuff in the next 2 weeks or so depending on whether or not I can get the brackets!

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Im gonna try a junk yard.. if not I got a guy on corral whos selling them. I dont know what to offer. I'm gonna see what ford says tomorrow as well..

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I've gone a different route. Ford wants $82 for each bracket, :gtfo:.

I'm going with mach1 calipers, a friend is hooking me up with rotors, and braided lines. It should all cost me about $350. Then I need to get the caliper bolts from Ford I guess..

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Can anyone verify of the stock caliper bolts work with the cobra calipers? If so, sweet!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the bolts that hold onto the cobra caliper brackets? I didnt get any bolts with my calipers I used my GT ones. I got excatlly:

cobra calipers, loaded with pads, and caliper brackets
SS hoses
13" slotted/drilled rotors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online