Laser Red 01 GT

OP
OP
C

Caleb2v

Reaction score
The body/ paint issues really weren't that bad, but yeah they can be time consuming, and therefore expensive. The shop was right, E9 is laser red (read 3 stage ) which is also more materials, therefore expensive. The undercoat is actually like a pink metallic, with a clear/red middle layer that gives it the candy color. Thats why they fade so bad and turn pink as well. The midcoat practically fades completely out. Glad you found a solution you're happy with. Looks nice!

My engine mount beats yours though! Still have to do the other one.
1aca42704242c7d1eb9caf7d99b2b907.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's interesting about the paint. Mine definitely had a pink look to it. No kidding about the motor mount there's practically nothing left! Not sure if I should want to win that competition or be glad I lost. Do you have a build thread for your car?

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
So far every Mustang I have seen has motor mounts that look like that. Nice work, your car is looking good.

OP
OP
C

Caleb2v

Reaction score
The AC on my car has been steadily getting worse on my car over the past year. This last weekend I replaced the whole system. She blows ice cold now which is a necessity in FL. I also wanted to see if any of you guys have had rims powder coated. I'm trying to decide if it'd be worth it to have my current ones sandblasted and powder coated instead of just buying new rims. Any information on how well they came out/how happy you were with the result would be appreciated.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My rims were chrome. The last guy had them professional stripped and textured black powder coated. Kind of ugly, but extremely rugged! I took spray paint over them. The ugliness of the wheels matches the car perfect tho. I would think any semi smooth finish and not textured would look really good

OP
OP
C

Caleb2v

Reaction score
My rims were chrome. The last guy had them professional stripped and textured black powder coated. Kind of ugly, but extremely rugged! I took spray paint over them. The ugliness of the wheels matches the car perfect tho. I would think any semi smooth finish and not textured would look really good

Okay cool. I want to see if I can save the old ones. I like that style of rim a lot so as long as I can get them to look good that's the route I'd prefer. Just read your build thread by the way. A lot of time went into your car and it looks great. The copper looks awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online