Late Model Radio Into 95

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"Upgrading"
For how cheap aftermarket stereos are now I'd recommend not to bother and buy aftermarket.

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
I've got an aftermarket stereo I it now and if you don't have a remote it's a PIA to operate. I want a (more or less) factory look, but a few more features. With an add-on kit I can have Bluetooth, also. For most it would be a pass, but it's all I want right now. I'm doing the double DIN conversion on my dash. The model number is 3L2T-18C868. Not sure if that means a whole lot, but it's an AM/FM stereo w/CD.

TIA

jim

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just buy a double din and slam it in there ... The sound quality from a aftermarket head unit is so much better

carbuff

Reaction score
You can get an aftermarket single din kenwood or jvc that has bluetooth and usb and ipod controll for like $99. I put one in mine and love all the features. Much better than any stock head unit. and it comes with a remote. If yours is supposed to have one but its missing, ebay is your friend.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't understand why if you want a remote you are going with a factory deck. There are a million options in the aftermarket made to adapt to almost any stereo. Now the stock stereos are fairly limited in options and what they can adapt into.

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
Guess some how I was unclear. Don't want a remote. Simple is better. Aftermarket stereos have a lot of flexibility, but not what I want. Appreciate the input

jim

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Then don't use the remote... All aftermarket decks I've gotten have come with remotes. They've all been tossed, don't need to use them.

I still don't understand why anyone would bother with stock decks in these lol. Buy a simple aftermarket deck and you'll be happy.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok I gotcha then sorry didn't mean to sound like it was not what you wanted. The difficulty in what your asking though is the difference of a couple of hrns's. All the stereos I have installed this is one thing I have not done and not even sure where to direct you. I have the wiring for the mach system for the 94/95 in my mustang bible but the wire colors can be wrong and I don't have anything on the late model wire colors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online