LCAs are here!!

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
so u didnt get ur discount?! :slap: SS knocked off i think 30 or so buxs.

S

scarface

Suspect said:
OnyxCobra said:
Suspect said:
haha if u were closer id be knocking on ur door. ;D

they didnt give me any directions, so ima check out there site. i got it installed in my head, but when u actually get down to it doesnt always go as planned. im sure some of u guys know how that goes.
Amen to that man. Last time i took out the rear bolt on the control arm I couldnt get it back in until i dropped the whole rear suspension, so that's how I'm goign to do mine.

aww man dont tell me that. :-\
thats why you put the bolt back in the tq box first...I did it that way and had no issues...took me longer to mount the swaybar back up by myself then it did to swap one side out.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
What im saying is i never took the front bolt out, when i finally got the rear bolt out the suspension twisted and i couldnt get it back through until i lowered the whole rear end.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
yea ive read it a few times, even before i ordered them. hoping for some good weather soon and someone to hook me up with a set of jacks. O0

blackfang

Reaction score
Yeah good weather always helps. If its bad, I just drive the car to my work and use the lifts inside...lol

whty98

Reaction score
Fun job to do in winter. I just did mine in 20* weather :help2: but I had a heater. Really really really easy to do, the hardest part is the F***in sway bar. Screw the upper control arms bushings, just get the FRPP uppers. I think you need a special tool to remove the bushings and then you have to buy the bushing, in the end it's the same.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
i would buy the frpp uppers, but why replace em when i can just replace the bushings for alot cheaper. alot of people dont know this but its the same part on our cars. from MM..

" Although Ford Racing Performance Parts claims their bushings to be "twice as stiff" as stock, our testing has shown that while they are much stiffer than Fox chassis bushings, they are identical to the 1994-04 bushings.
While for 1994-04 cars these control arms offer no improvement in performance, as they do on Fox chassis cars, they are a great value when replacing arms with damaged or aged bushings. Because rubber deteriorates simply from age, after several years the control arms are ready for replacement. High horsepower cars and those used for track events tend to damage bushings before they can degrade from age. These replacement control arms, along with the axle end bushings, are a great way to bring back or upgrade the performance of your Mustang."

97vertstang

Reaction score
Suspect said:
:banana: :dancing6:
now i gotta get them on the car. i know we have an install thread here, but if any else has some how to links post em. i have my manual, so i hope it wont be too bad. i wanna replace the bushings on the uppers at the same time, but have read its a real pita. anyone wanna help, im gonna need another set a jacks. :p

Picture068.jpg
they look great and keep us in touch on how the install went, i need some of those too!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online