Leaking Fuel Injector

delling3

Reaction score
Putting the finishing touches on my cam and intake swap. Got the engine started today for the first time since November 2020 - Huzzah!

Now the problem. As the car warming up I was getting some smoke rising off the right-side rear of the engine. At first I figured is was some random oil burining off, but I took a closer look, and it the rear-most injector is spraying fuel onto the top the engine instead of down the intake. I replaced all the o-rings/seals on the injectors before reinstalling them. Is it possible that one injector didn't seat all the way into the intake, and that tightening down the fuel rail didn't push it home either? I really don't look forward to tearng everything back down. Do you think I can just loosen the fuel rail and reseat it without pulling everything apart?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its possible it isn't seated completely or that the o-ring tore when you put it back in. If you didn't, put a dab of oil on each ring or a little spit we know will lubricate many good things to slide right in. Just the tip.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Always always lube o-rings. Exactly what Makoto stated!

Injector placement isnt a bad job but i can see where it would be a pain if the seals were not lubed.

Goodluck mang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.