leaking fuel line

94gtgb

Reaction score
It's a 94 gt, I was changing the wires, plugs, cap, rotor and coil. Noticed a pinhole in a fuel line, it run from the passenger firewall area to the front of the passenger side of the fuel rail. I started it up to see how bad its leaking luckily not bad kind of bubbling right now, but it's right between the distributor and alt. So it is a major fire hazard, at this time I don't really want to go to braided, I just want the plastic crap for now. I have not tried Napa or Pep boys. My brother works at a Ford dealer he has nothing there. Where can I get this line?

rw95gt

Reaction score
You can run braided lines from the hard line at the fire wall to the fuel rails. I picked up the parts and lines for around $100. Worth every penny. I'm not sure who would sell the stock lines good luck.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

94gtgb

Reaction score
I have it doctored for now, it just sits while we fix it. Before I drive it I'll have to to the braided lines only because they look nice.

Addermk2

Reaction score
post pictures of your problem area, and I'll show you how to fix it for cheap.

94gtgb

Reaction score
Yes duct tape! I used some rubber fuel hose with 4 clamps on it for now, I'll get a picture tomorrow and post it. Where do I find all the parts to go braided? I've searched but I'm not the best searcher, way too much searching for parts and everything at work.

5litrarag

Reaction score
The factory line has been obsolete from Ford for over 10 yrs. Your best bet is trying to find a parts car to grab them from or have some replacements made up. I went the SS braided line route. I have my old stockers in a box somewhere....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
fuel lines are not something to mess with and half-ass unless you have a big fire ext and good insurance. If you want to upgrade to the braided lines I think I have two of the ends needed to make the lines I can make you deal on if you want them.

94gtgb

Reaction score
Damn didn't think it was a month since I found this problem! Glad I'm restoring it, and not driving. Anyway no more leaks, went to LKQ here stumbled across a 95 gt with that one fuel line brand new still in it! Fixed that my abs problem, and a few other small problems. TTocs thank you for the offer. whenever I get it done paint, wheels, tint, gt40 swap, and tune if I have any more problems with those lines I'll upgrade to braided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pallgor

Members online