Leaking heater

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Which hose coming off the back of the motor do I need to plug? It's too damn hot to worry about the heater. I figure I don't need to worry about it until October or so

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
So just disconnect boths sides and put like a piece of copper pipe between the two?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
yep thats it but I would fix asap. beacause if you are like me I would put it off till its to late(cold). But now I've got removing and installing the dash down to 3hrs. But it took 10hrs the first time(stupid mistakes).

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
This is one job I will pay someone to fix. I have anew motor to go in first tho

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
I had the same problem man, all i did was plug the heater holes on the intake manifold. When i first saw it leaking i was freaking out!

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I was driving to one of my plants about 80 miles away and noticed fog coming out of my vents. I looked at the temp gauge and it was ALOT higher than it had been since I put the new radiator in. I pulled into a gas station and the reservoir was full. On the way back the temp kept creeping up so I stopped at a NAPA parts store and bought new thermostat. After putting it in I checked the reservoir again and it was empty. I still had a gallon of distilled water in my car from putting the new radiator so i started the car back up and it took the whole gallon so I bought another gallon of 50/50 and put that in. Then I looked under the passenger side of the car and saw it dripping. I just want the shit to not leak water. Its too damn hot right now to worry about getting it fixed LOL

Fryrice

Reaction score
Damn heater core. Its a PITA to fix,but its not impossible if you have time and patience. I did mine .Thats about a $1000 job if you pay someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online