Leather cleaner and conditioner

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Gt with black leather interior, seat are just stiff and not soft like I know they can be, what would be good to use on them to bring back that soft leather feel again instead of the alligator feel I have now, the seats themselves are in great condition no rips or tears, any help would be appreciated thanks
p.s. I have tried the DIY with olive oil and white vinegar but that was worthless

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have the chemical guys kit with the cleaner and conditioner it works well keeps your leather soft and gives it a good shine

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Question... Do these cars even have real leather? Does the Mach have real leather? Or are they all vinyl?

chris91

Reaction score
I too use the Chemical Guys kit and it works great. Ive used it on multiple different cars and had the same result with each. The cleaner makes them look great and the conditioner keeps them soft and protected.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Question... Do these cars even have real leather? Does the Mach have real leather? Or are they all vinyl?

Leather on forward facing surfaces, back seat is all vinyl on SN's but probably on Mach seat also.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1996 Gt with black leather interior, seat are just stiff and not soft like I know they can be, what would be good to use on them to bring back that soft leather feel again instead of the alligator feel I have now, the seats themselves are in great condition no rips or tears, any help would be appreciated thanks
p.s. I have tried the DIY with olive oil and white vinegar but that was worthless

I use the Chemical Guys stuff also.

A trick I picked up a few years back is to wait for a hot sunny day. Clean and condition the seats and leave the conditioner on and wrap a trash bag around the seats and with the windows up it is supposed to almost steam them. I have never had to do this but a detail guy swore by it so just throwing it out there.

chris91

Reaction score
I use the Chemical Guys stuff also.

A trick I picked up a few years back is to wait for a hot sunny day. Clean and condition the seats and leave the conditioner on and wrap a trash bag around the seats and with the windows up it is supposed to almost steam them. I have never had to do this but a detail guy swore by it so just throwing it out there.

Makes perfect sense since the leather is always breathing and the pores will suck it up nicely that way. Might have to try that one.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Ours are real bud. I think TMI offers a vinyl set of replacements.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Leather on forward facing surfaces, back seat is all vinyl on SN's but probably on Mach seat also.

Yeah my front and backs seats are all real leather. Don't think I've seen factory vinyl available in our cars.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my front and backs seats are all real leather. Don't think I've seen factory vinyl available in our cars.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

According to TMI the SN's did not have much actual leather on their leather seat upgrade and the rear is all vinyl.

rikkytm

Reaction score
I like using Lexol for leathers because it doesn't leave any greasy residue.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the Lexol products and had no issues. Its a decent off the shelf product and they have cleaner wipes that are handy to have.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I don't need any cleaner just something to keep the leather in my wife's 14 Mazda3 supple & prevent drying out & hardening & cracking. The interior is like new at the moment...cause it is new!

chris91

Reaction score
You should always clean them because they wont look new for long if you dont. Pick up the chemical guys kit and youll never have to worry about them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.