leather

smokeybear

Reaction score
How do I clean the leather seats. I have tried every thing.soft soap,saddle soap,leather cleaner,ect.

4point6GT

Reaction score
id like to kno too, just noticed some stains in back seat and NO they aint mine!, probably from guys that did my tint last weekend :slap:

OP
OP
S

smokeybear

Reaction score
I have parchment seats. my drivers seat is turning black.I thought of seat covers but cant find ones that fit right

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
They make leather cleaners to try and get some of the stuff out. Depending on how bad it is it me be beyond saving. After words, put a leather "conditioner" on it. Good luck.

GDawg

Reaction score
smokeybear said:
How do I clean the leather seats. I have tried every thing.soft soap,saddle soap,leather cleaner,ect.

Clean as in how/why? Do you mean just a maintenance cleaning or is there something else on your leather?

I know a lot of people say Amour All is not a good product to use but I have been using it on my Pony for 8 years and the leather and moldings are in excellent condition.

LightbarandSignature800.jpg

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
The sell leather cleaners and conditioners at the parts store. You sould be conditioning it atleast ever 4-5 months or more to keep it looking new and help againt the dry-cracks. The leather they used in the Mustangs suck, Im glad I have cloth seats.

GDawg

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
FAWWWWK is that new leather ? :eek:

It's over 8 years old. But I take care of it. I do wipe it down a lot cause Amour All can make it real slick. But that's original leather and molding.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
I condition mine every month, but I can't get the paint marks off of the seats. But I need to get my seats recovered anyways or I'll just get new ones, that would be easier.

ryclef331

Reaction score
When I still HAD grey leather this is what I did. (Attempt at your own risk). I had a soft nail brush and windex....(WITHOUT AMMONIA!). When you spray it on it will leave LIGHT colored spots but that is normal. Use the SOFT nail brush to get the grime out of the cracks. Wipe with a clean cloth afterwards. Once dry...treat it with leather conditioner. Try it on a spot on the leather that people WON'T see first to make sure it won't fuck'em up...like between the seat and console. Sounds janky I know but it worked like a champ for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx