Leave the glass in?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I already took the door glass out long ago to do the door handles, the windshield is broke from the accident and needs replacing anyway. Should I pull the windshield or just remove the plastic sear around the edges and keep it as my masking and just replace it later?

I also have the c-pillars off inside and out, should I leave the quarter window glass in?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I already took the door glass out long ago to do the door handles, the windshield is broke from the accident and needs replacing anyway. Should I pull the windshield or just remove the plastic sear around the edges and keep it as my masking and just replace it later?

I also have the c-pillars off inside and out, should I leave the quarter window glass in?

Personally, I would pull the quarter windows because they are really easy to reinstall. As for the windshield, I would pull the moulding off the top and keep the busted window in there because it doesn't matter if paint gets on it and you wouldn't have to worry with taping the dash area of the car.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Yeah I'd pull those quarter windows but stash them somewhere safe rock and ford want alot per quarter window

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Use the windshield as a mask, but you need to get that seal out of there. I've seen a lot of what would have been nice paint jobs ruined because of not pulling the seal

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled all my windows. But I also pulled all the interior. No worries about over spray.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I figured the windshield in but the seal off would be easier, wasn't sure about the quarters. I have the door glass stashed under a bed the quarters should fit next to them.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Use the windshield as a mask, but you need to get that seal out of there. I've seen a lot of what would have been nice paint jobs ruined because of not pulling the seal
yea nothing worse than ugly ass tape lines and high build clear up against window seals!

Ballistic

Reaction score
When i did my car, i left the quarter windows in and masked them off.. As for the windshield just leave it and pull the top trim, i pulled my trim and never put it back in kind of like it without it.. but i think i left it due to the fact you gotta pull the window to put it back in..

Doodler

Reaction score
When I painted mine, I just cut the rubber all the way back and left the windshield in. I was going to replace the rubber anyway. Zero tape line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online