LED foglight mod anyone?

94classic

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone has done a multiple LED fog light mod on the 94 and up factory housings? I was thinking about getting bright white led and making my own holes behind the lens and installing maybe 3 or 4 bulbs. thought maybe it would look good. Anyone?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The led lights I have seen have WAY more then 3-4 leds in it and are not the typical leds that you find at radio shack($$$$$). I was looking at an audi next to me the other day and basically every inch of the light had an led in it. On top of that then you will need to be sure that they are aimed really well or you will just get a really nasty output from them.

OP
OP
94classic

94classic

Reaction score
The led lights I have seen have WAY more then 3-4 leds in it and are not the typical leds that you find at radio shack($$$$$). I was looking at an audi next to me the other day and basically every inch of the light had an led in it. On top of that then you will need to be sure that they are aimed really well or you will just get a really nasty output from them.

I should have just called you today tttocs! Lol.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think if you want LED fogs just get the LED bulbs that fit, they have some crazy high output ones on the market now that should be similar to HIDs.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not seen a old light retrofit with the leds yet to know how the output would be. Like I said the stock led lights that they are making now are just a completely different design the a single bulb in the middle
photo6.jpg

LED-headlights-will-soon-be-the-most-common.jpg

I mean I am sure that someone is making a bulb that slides right in and they have a pic that looks like amazing output but at this point if you buy them your the guinea pig for the rest of us. I think its a bit early in the market of led lights to be switching over myself. If you want brighter lights go with HID and if you want to do it right be sure to get a projector as it does make a difference both in what you see and what the people facing you see.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i was talkin bout, they make some very high output plug and play LED bulbs that are as bright or brighter than the halogen counterparts.

OP
OP
94classic

94classic

Reaction score
just looked at the lmr led kits and noticed there only 1999-2004 and 94-2001 cobra's so im guessing they wont fit my stock 94 GT fogs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online