led head lights

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a pair of HIDs from ebay and another 2 pairs from the local ghetto audio install store and never had any issues. It actually doesn't surprise me that American Muscle is asking $300 for something that costs $30. And yes, if you get the right kit, it should be plug and play. Keep in mind the light will be scattered like crazy if you don't have the correct housing like Cpotts said.

I've also never really been a fan of LEDs used as the primary source of lighting. They're good for driving/road lights but if you're not running them on a truck, they do seem to fall short.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I've bought a pair of HIDs from ebay and another 2 pairs from the local ghetto audio install store and never had any issues. It actually doesn't surprise me that American Muscle is asking $300 for something that costs $30. And yes, if you get the right kit, it should be plug and play. Keep in mind the light will be scattered like crazy if you don't have the correct housing like Cpotts said.

I've also never really been a fan of LEDs used as the primary source of lighting. They're good for driving/road lights but if you're not running them on a truck, they do seem to fall short.

Thanks

Don't Sext and Drive.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
HIDs in stock, 98 GT housings:

275325E7-8D1F-4C9A-BD83-FFD89F3F30F2_zpsvr0cqrjf.jpg

The same HID kit in a set of APC projector lense headlights (no longer available, but Depo makes a nice alternative)

E12E5DFB-DB52-472F-9827-30570BF96365_zpscegoxd3x.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
As Ferocious alluded to, you can see above how the stock lights scatter the beam everywhere. Besides dangerous, it's very annoying to oncoming traffic whereas the projector lenses focus the beam where it's needed without the scattering effect.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
As Ferocious alluded to, you can see above how the stock lights scatter the beam everywhere. Besides dangerous, it's very annoying to oncoming traffic whereas the projector lenses focus the beam where it's needed without the scattering effect.

So for a guy who wants to keep his stock lenses his only real option is to give an "led kit" a try or just ride as is? Is it worth $100? Or am I better leaving them as is?
I'll sacrifice a littler dimmer lighting vs changing the stock appearance, it doesn't get out that much a nite anyway.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.