LED headlight swap trouble shoot

Shane Dugan

Reaction score
Recently bought LED halo headlights for my 1998 mustang. After doing much research on how to do the wiring in order to get the new LEDs to connect, i thought to have it figured out. Connected the passenger side one and did a light check and it worked no problem. Thought the next would be just as simple. After wiring up the driver side and doing the light check i notice only turn signal lights and high beams work but the actual headlight on both sides are out. When I disconnect the driver side the passenger one goes back to working as it should, however, when I leave the driver side connected and disconnect the passenger side, the driver side headlight still does not light up other than highbeams and turn signal lights. Looking for any help or suggestions before I rip them out and put back in the stock lights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What wiring was required to install leds??

but with that being said it sounds like something was not wired right. We can't tell you much more then that with out details or pics possibly but even then its probably just a wrong wire. LEDS are polarized meaning that you have to have the + and the - correct. Try measuring the voltage and let us know what you have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online