Left rear window regulator 94 GT convertible

Lonnie2

Reaction score
Newbie needs help!

My left rear power window went down over the weekend and won't move back up. I hear the motor running and the clunk clunk clunk sound but no movement.

Window motors are everywhere but I can't seem to locate a regulator assy anyplace.

I checked all the Mustang parts houses, eBay, and Amazon all without success.
I don't have a garage, I'm using painters plastic and a car cover at the moment.

Am I even on the right track? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Lonnie2

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Somebody bound to know something here!

Anyhow, while we wait for knowledge, let me welcome you to a great mustang community!

OP
OP
L

Lonnie2

Reaction score
Somebody bound to know something here!

Anyhow, while we wait for knowledge, let me welcome you to a great mustang community!

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I've gotten a lot of responses and most are similar. The window motors in these cars drop like flies. It's not uncommon to replace window motors several times. This is the 3rd window motor this year. (3 different windows)

The good news is that window motors and regulators are still available the bad news its a miserable job for a rookie with limited tools and patience. LOL

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
check with a place called CAR ID I think they have the rear regulators and motors

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
No problem
And welcome to the forums
If you have pictures of your car send them in

BillG

Reaction score
Be mindful of the doorman brand replacement ones. I had to do both my rears in my 95 vert and had to shave a little metal to get them to line up. The bolt base is a tad larger.

OP
OP
L

Lonnie2

Reaction score
I was overwhelmed by the number of choices and variance in cost ($20-$80) for a window motor. I finally landed on the least expensive option. Rock Auto white box at $20. It wasn't fun or easy but it's fixed.

Today's project is drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads, and upgrade to braided stainless steel brake lines. I only drive my mustang gently for about 1000 miles a year. But the early 90's OEM brakes are not up to the task.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online