Less greasy form of armor all out there?

1bad95

Reaction score
Looking for something to use on my interior plastics. PO used armor all and it was terribly greasy. I usually don't use anything on the plastics, but the door panels have some light marks on them that will not be visible with some protectant on them. What products are you guys using that doesn't give that greasy nasty feel?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I use the Meguiars Interior Detailer Spray. It gives a little bit of a satin look, but isn't greasy at all. I live out in the country and can't stand all the dust that sticks to Armor All, so I tried this and really like it. You just spray it on a microfiber, wipe it on; then wipe off with a clean microfiber (to ensure an even coat). Super easy and I really like the finish/look. Keeps the interior looking clean for a while, too!

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g13616-quik-interior-detailer™/

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks MissV8Der! Might grab some this weekend and give it a try!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that natural shine interior protectant works great.

I found the surf city garage stuff to work quite well, but it smelled horrid. If you were looking to use an air freshener anyways, its nice :)
[MENTION=10236]Obsessive Detail[/MENTION] can probably chime in with some good suggestions :D

Sinned83

Reaction score
I use detailers pro total interior cleaner. Followed up by silk shine sprayable dressing from chemical guys. It leaves a subtle matte shine

joekd

Reaction score
Megiuars used to make an interior foam which was pretty much the best stuff I have ever used, it became impossible to find so I switched to the natural shine and simply wasn't impressed

Detailer friend recommended Einszett Z1 cockpit interior spray which he said he uses regularly on Maseratis, bought a bottle and so far love it

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for the other choices!

chris91

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys Blue Guard II. It gives the wet look but doesnt leave a greasy residue that attracts all the dust and crap. I bought a gallon of it like a year ago and still have about half of it left after doing like 6 details and also the upkeep of my Explorer and Mustang. Also works great on tires and engine bays. Smells great too. :D

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_TVD_103_Blue_Guard_II_p/tvd_103.htm

kissrocksforever

Reaction score
Wurth Cockpit Care is by far the best I have ever used. Not greasy at all. It's what we use at work at the OEM level for McLaren.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looking for something to use on my interior plastics. PO used armor all and it was terribly greasy. I usually don't use anything on the plastics, but the door panels have some light marks on them that will not be visible with some protectant on them. What products are you guys using that doesn't give that greasy nasty feel?

Great timing for this post. I was going to make a post about this same thing today. Just wanting to know some better interior cleaners and protectants. ArmorAll is old school and there's much better products out there today. I just have no idea what I'm looking for on the shelf.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Same here! I'm glad there are plenty of knowledgeable people here!

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys Blue Guard II. It gives the wet look but doesnt leave a greasy residue that attracts all the dust and crap. I bought a gallon of it like a year ago and still have about half of it left after doing like 6 details and also the upkeep of my Explorer and Mustang. Also works great on tires and engine bays. Smells great too. :D

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_TVD_103_Blue_Guard_II_p/tvd_103.htm

Blue Guard II is an oil based dressing which is going to leave a residue unless you buff it off really well. It's a great product (I too use it on engine bays and tires) but would not use it inside.

Here is my current product of choice. They are local to me but you would have to order it. It looks great and has very good longevity.

http://shop.flashautodetailproducts...-AND-VINYL-CONDITIONER-PR32.htm?categoryId=-1

The aforementioned Surf City Dash Away is also good. Like Jeremy, I wasn't thrilled with the smell but it dissipates quickly. Another great product is Duragloss Vinyl & Leather Dressing.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/dura...AChrLcemQhnQzfr4pYWd9VMI-mNocYN7VsRoC9Dvw_wcB

Handz

Reaction score
Chemical Guys VRP is what I use. Google it. Trust me, you will love it.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
I actually was walking thru Walmart and went to grab some tire shine and saw meguiars natural shine satin finish wipes. Tried them out and were exactly what I was hunting. Leaves a little shine and not very greasy at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online