Let's talk Fuel Setups!

sonicblue03vert

Reaction score
Ok, so I am piecing together my build for my 2003 GT and now I'm starting to look at fuel setups. The build is a built shortblock, Mammoth 2.6L Kenne Bell, trickflow race heads, going for 20 PSI.

I know I'll need to go with a return system. I Know about Fore Innovations Dual pump system, and it doesn't seem to be priced too bad, about $1100. But there is some stuff that is a little foreign to me...what is routing the rails parallel or in series? And where should I have my FPR, before or after the rails? Which is better and why?

Are there any other cost effective setups I'm not aware of? I don't mind swapping tanks if necessary, but, I'm looking for as plug and play as a return system can be. I have rails, they were included with the Kenne Bell. Also, what size injectors should I be looking at? 80#?? I posted link to Fore System below. Also, I'll be running 93 Octane Fuel

Thanks in advance!

95opal

Reaction score
Ok, so I am piecing together my build for my 2003 GT and now I'm starting to look at fuel setups. The build is a built shortblock, Mammoth 2.6L Kenne Bell, trickflow race heads, going for 20 PSI.

I know I'll need to go with a return system. I Know about Fore Innovations Dual pump system, and it doesn't seem to be priced too bad, about $1100. But there is some stuff that is a little foreign to me...what is routing the rails parallel or in series? And where should I have my FPR, before or after the rails? Which is better and why?

Are there any other cost effective setups I'm not aware of? I don't mind swapping tanks if necessary, but, I'm looking for as plug and play as a return system can be. I have rails, they were included with the Kenne Bell. Also, what size injectors should I be looking at? 80#?? I posted link to Fore System below. Also, I'll be running 93 Octane Fuel

Thanks in advance!
Not sure what hp level your shooting for but 80s should be good 750 800 hp.
You want your regulator after the rails.
As for the lines you can run them either to the back of one side if the rail with a crossover to the other rail then return back to the tank like a stock set up.
Or you can drop a y block before the rail and feed both rails.

OP
OP
S

sonicblue03vert

Reaction score
Not sure what hp level your shooting for but 80s should be good 750 800 hp.
You want your regulator after the rails.
As for the lines you can run them either to the back of one side if the rail with a crossover to the other rail then return back to the tank like a stock set up.
Or you can drop a y block before the rail and feed both rails.
Yea, 750 whp is the goal. Where does FPR and Fuel Pressure gauge sender tie into this? And why do I want to set it up the way you suggested?

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
And why do I want to set it up the way you suggested?
The advice given by 95opal is good advice but I would run a larger injector (1000cc or 1050cc) from a quality manufacturer that provides good injector data (http://injectordynamics.org/). Putting it after the fuel rail means all fuel must run through the fuel rail, and over the injector inlet, at all times while providing the needed pressures across the injector. It's ok to consult with reputable fuel system companies over a proper fuel setup.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
S

sonicblue03vert

Reaction score
The advice given by 95opal is good advice but I would run a larger injector (1000cc or 1050cc) from a quality manufacturer that provides good injector data (http://injectordynamics.org/). Putting it after the fuel rail means all fuel must run through the fuel rail, and over the injector inlet, at all times while providing the needed pressures across the injector. It's ok to consult with reputable fuel system companies over a proper fuel setup.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
It does help, and I am talking to my local guy about Fuel setups. I just like to be educated on what and why I am purchasing what I am purchasing.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Get the filter as close to the pump as possible. Quantum I've heard is a cheap system that a lot of people run. Gauges/senders typically use a 1/8 npt port to tap into. Some fuel rails have this provision, possibly Fore but I don't know for sure. It's a good place to tap into unless there is something more specific in mind.

jfisher

Reaction score
Fore definitely makes really nice stuff. I've got their rails and FPR on my current setup. Like it's been said you will want to run the regulator post fuel rails. You can dead head the rails, but it can heat up the fuel that way and it's not ideal. This is a tried and true setup:

1667843966999.png