Lets talk springs...

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Thinking about doing springs next.
The Buillitt kit is probably the best bang for the buck, being a complete kit. But is it low enough to look good? And is the handling that good?

As for the "B" and "C" springs.... Ive heard that the "B" springs have a little of a rake to it, that might look good. But how is the ride like with either spring?

If anyone has a pic of a 94-98 with the Bullitt kit, plz post them.

Thanks.....Outlaw

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got the "C" springs, along with lizzyfan... They give a noticeable drop but nothing "extreme"....They did put my stock caster/camber plates a very small tad past their max adjustments... So I have a bit of neg. camber, but my tireshop guy that I trust said I'll be fine..
If "I" were to do it over again I would be getting fox body 4cyl front springs and fox gt rear springs... With some strange shocks/struts...hello weight transfer..

96gt226410

Reaction score
gt96stang said:
I've got the "C" springs, along with lizzyfan... They give a noticeable drop but nothing "extreme"....They did put my stock caster/camber plates a very small tad past their max adjustments... So I have a bit of neg. camber, but my tireshop guy that I trust said I'll be fine..
If "I" were to do it over again I would be getting fox body 4cyl front springs and fox gt rear springs... With some strange shocks/struts...hello weight transfer..

How would that handle? Would it drop it much?

LI98GT

Reaction score
I just removed the front ISOs and took these shots yesterday. I'm fairly happy with the Bullitt kit as it is MUCH better than stock 4x4 look and (IMO) too soft suspension - my kit came with no upgrades to the sway bars also, so that might make things even better with the new Bullitt kits. Ultimately what I didn't like for me, that it didn't drop it as much as I would have liked so I removed the front ISOs and I'm liking it much more now. I really like that they are specific rate spring rates, so if I were to replace them I think I would go with Steeda combined with adjustable tokicos as they come with the same spring rates, are of excellent quality and give about a 1/2" lower stance than the bullitt kit. If that's not in your budget, the Bullitts are a good compromise.

With front ISOs removed.
stangnoisos002Large.jpg

stangnoisos001Large.jpg

stangnoisos004Large.jpg

LI98GT

Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
Will removing the ISO's hurt anything or make noise?

I just removed them last week or so and only driven about 100 miles since with is this way- no new noises so far and everything seems fine. I wrapped the ends of the springs with some hockey stick tape I had laying around to maybe minimize any potential for any noise, but don't really expect that to last for long.

OP
OP
O

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
LI98GT said:
Outlaw97GT said:
Will removing the ISO's hurt anything or make noise?

I just removed them last week or so and only driven about 100 miles since with is this way- no new noises so far and everything seems fine. I wrapped the ends of the springs with some hockey stick tape I had laying around to maybe minimize any potential for any noise, but don't really expect that to last for long.

Cool thanks for the info and the pics... O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
the front won't really make noise, but the rears have a tendecy to once in a while...wrap the rears with a couple layers of electrial tape and you are set. O0

LI98GT

Reaction score
FYI, in the pics the rears have the ISOs in them and infact I replaced the stock ISOs with the new pair that came with the kit.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i think i'm just going to get the b springs. They are cheap, not too low and will give me a better ride quality than these eibachs with a coil cut off, if you want low, and stiff ride, ill sell you these :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really wanted the Bullitt kit but everyone was backordered for months so Steeda i went...turned out good but its just a tad too low with me and a passenger in it.

I think the Bullitt and C springs are basically the same.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i got c springs with no isolaters up front and with them in the rear and love them, i would recommend them to any1 looking for a nice subtle drop, with a rake lookk ;)