Lets talk.... Tire Shine!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
so what do u guys use? im trying to find one that i love, and im not having any luck.
it always flings it up on my door and its a pita for it to come off.

ive tried- armoral in the aerosol can, the armoral gel, and eagle 1

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love tire shine.... I always sport it!!!

I used to like Eagle-one tire shine, but i found others I like more now.

CG VRP - My go-to tire shine. Really wet look. Can be diluted to the amount of shine.'

Tropicare White-Pearl - super Matte OEM look. I like this when i wanna look clean. Kinda wanna buy more.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you are flinging tire wet then you are not applying i properly. You need to wipe the tire several times to ensure and smooth application. Nothing should sling on the door.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you can only lay it on so thick. If you want a wetter look, get a different tire wet.

Try the CG VRP, it works on exterior plastics and interiors also.

Sinned83

Reaction score
IMO oil based dressings look better. I use meg's gold class endurance you can get it at any auto part store.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I just use the Armor All wipes & quickly run it around the sidewall...takes about 3-4 wipes to do all 4 tires. I don't like the really wet look & this works fine for me...no flinging on the body at all. I know most don't like Armor All but this is so cheap & easy to use.

wytstang

Reaction score
Rainy season I use Wolfgang tire gel (mustang tires use it year round). I've used the same 16oz bottle since 06' and it still has about 80-85% left. A little goes a very long way, worth every penny.
DlackDiamondtiregel005Medium.jpg

Dry season I use Optimum tire dressing (water based), more so on the wifes car since her tires are covered in rib's it's just easier to spray the tires down and wipe off over spray.
Both tire dressings are not high gloss but more black matte with a lil bling that can be tones down by wiping the tire down 15 minutes after application. Or you can increase the bling by adding a second coat after the first coat dries.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with my Eagle 1 tire shine from Oreillys, its more of a gel and comes with a brush doohickey thats great for getting into the rib things on the side of my 67's tires. I usually lay it on pretty thick, let it sit for a bit and wipe off the excess so I don't have any slung on the car.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
For an OTC product I definitely like the Eagle One Tire Gel, paired with those foam applicator pads it gives off a great matte look that's not too "greasy."

I really want to start buying some good mail order stuff from CG maybe...

Sinned83

Reaction score
Also there are many dressings that can be used on multiple surfaces. Tires and different types of trim. But our cars dont have many uses for it.

Rsoehelk

Reaction score
I use MOC products. Ford uses MOC products for their cars as well. I use Tire Shine & Guard for my wheels, smells like cherry and can be used for the interior plastic, vynil, and rubber. YOu guys should try it out. Comes as a gallon though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For off the shelf store brands I prefer the black magic spray on a curved applicator. I only apply this if I know the car will be sitting for a few hours to let the excess dry and not sling up the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online