Lets talk.... Tire Shine!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have some optimum Tire Dressing coming to my house right now... Gonna try it along with my Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss Shampoo Sample!!

white98stang

Reaction score
Good job on this thread mygreengt. Everybody has their own opinions but I must say that I like the spray better than foam or gel. Right now im using turtle wax gel in a green bottle. Only using it because it was a free so I'm still on the look out. I think I'm going w/ Eagle 1 next go around.

OP
OP
mygreengt

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
white98stang said:
Good job on this thread mygreengt. Everybody has their own opinions but I must say that I like the spray better than foam or gel. Right now im using turtle wax gel in a green bottle. Only using it because it was a free so I'm still on the look out. I think I'm going w/ Eagle 1 next go around.
yea their are so many different kinds and brands, and i wanted to know what works for everbody.

and the Eagle 1, i put it on earlier this week and it is still looking fly with no slinging!

SRT Handz said:
I have some optimum Tire Dressing coming to my house right now... Gonna try it along with my Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss Shampoo Sample!!
oh yea, well i just entered the CG E-Zyme contest! wish me luck!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey wytstang, Would you willing to trade away Some of your Wolfgang Tire Gel?

I have CG VRP If you wanna make a trade. I can be Generous with the VRP :angel4:

wytstang

Reaction score
Don't need any more tire dressing but I do have some stuff taking up space that I have never used. Do you have any Ziano products? Interested in some Z2 Pro if you have any (only lsp I'm interested in right now [over stocked as is]). Pm me if you have any non CG products you wouldn't mind trading away.

lrall

Reaction score
aerosol BS here....looking for a GOOD water based tire dressing. I HATE the orange tires a week after i put tire shine on. How do y'all clean your tires before applying tire dressing? I want to get all the silicon shit off and put something decent on.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stiff bristle brush is key.
if soap doesn't work, a good degreaser and some umph.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually outside cleaning my wheels and tire right now.

To get the tires clean, I always use APC with a stiff bristle brush. This gives clean surface for the tire wet to grab to!!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Handz which AP do you use? Is it the green CG that can clean a million different things?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I just tried Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Shine while washing my car for the weekend.

Pretty Good Stuff. VERY Glossy. It went on kinda weird, It was very milky and I thought it would end up drying Matte looking, But it ended up Drying WET. I think i like the Look!!!

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I use turtle wax ice tire shine and put it on with a microfiber sponge and dont have any problems with sling

stprorolla49

Reaction score
I use either Meguires Hot Tire Shine aerosol or CG Silk Shine Dressing depending on my mood. The Meguires aerosol is a little wetter, but the CG Silk Shine gives a really nice semi-wet look. Very clean.

I find everyone likes their own tire shine. Guess there are too many out there, huh?

OP
OP
mygreengt

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
haha..

actually i just got a free sample of tire shine.. the brand is called Croftgate USA, i just put it on today and its not oily at all! i can touch it and nothing will rub off on my finger. it drys really black, but not shiny.. so within the next week we shall see if i have a new favorite

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
So I just tried Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Shine while washing my car for the weekend.

Pretty Good Stuff. VERY Glossy. It went on kinda weird, It was very milky and I thought it would end up drying Matte looking, But it ended up Drying WET. I think i like the Look!!!

It is a bit weird when drying. and it lasts a good 3-4 weeks.

I like that it leaves very little residue :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online