Lets Talk XXR Wheels

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whats everyone's opinion on XXR wheels?

Yes, forged is better than knock off wheels. But forged is not a requirement. Most of the oem and replica wheels we all use are cast and are perfectly fine.

Just a brand I've looked at and they seem to have a fairly good reputation especially among mustangs. The price and sizing of the wheels is great too.

Personally, I dont think I'd use a set for track purposes. But for street use why not?

Anyone have experience or opinion on the brand?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I love them. They're very nice for the price. I have had a set of the 521's and 531's and neither had any problems. I know of literally 50 people running on the wheels and all of them are doing great.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Which ones? The 521,527,531's look nice, but i have heard horror story's about them.
Any, a bunch of them look pretty nice.

Where did you see the horror storys?
I tried looking up some reviews and the only negative things I've seen is from forged fan boys.

TanTop94

Reaction score
DO IT! Throw some pictures up of ones you like, then we can all bash you:grin: JK! I love wheels that arent your regular mustang wheels, I just havent found the means to get them for myself yet lol.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love them. They're very nice for the price. I have had a set of the 521's and 531's and neither had any problems. I know of literally 50 people running on the wheels and all of them are doing great.

Do you have pictures of yours? I think I recall them, but you go through tons of rims :p
You're on forged now right? Why the switch?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of yours? I think I recall them, but you go through tons of rims :p
You're on forged now right? Why the switch?

Both were on non-mustangs, but my buddy just got 2 of his 531's mounted on his new edge.

The reason I decided to go forged is honestly I had the money to burn and came across a good deal and I knew I could make money on them when I was done with them, so why not? I love my forged wheels, but there's nothing wrong with knock-offs. They all have their purposes. It's just easier to be "different" with forged wheels because less people are willing to pay ~$4000 for wheels/tires.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Throw some pictures up of ones you like, then we can all bash you:grin: .
Well I shouldnt seriously consider buying any for another year, but here are the ones I like;

They'd all have to be hyper silver or machined for sure.

I have a crush on these, they're not released yet though. I'll have to see the dishes and sizes they come in.
XXR 968
iaNcqLfl.jpg

The 531 and 521 are about equal for me. I like the 521 spokes better, but the rivets are almost a turn off. The 531 on the other hand are usually dual bolt pattern which is also sort of a turn off.

gVDSULUl.jpg

78a1JVIl.jpg

I really like the 526. The lip might be too big for the sn95 to pull off though. I'd defintely want to 100 dolla dish for the rears :p

hJ2wo9Jl.jpg

I like a few of the flush designs, but in order to get me away from the bullitts I need dish still.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I love the 521s but I do not approve of that dual bolt pattern...Though I think I could look over it. Or not...

1bad9d5

Reaction score
wheels on that cobra look sick... but do they come back at all? and any pics of it on a 94-98?? id love to see that cause I was thinking about the 521s too

9838stang

Reaction score
I was looking at getting the xxr 526's and this guy beat me too them. I can't remember his name right off hand but I love how they look on his car. I would love gold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online