License Passes Tonight!!!!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
Well . . tonight is the big night. I'm doing my license passes!!

The 4.30s are in, the car is certed, and I'm getting ready to bump the timing to 40 degrees.

The car should run 9s as it sits. But . . . if it doesn't . . . I have a special batch of fuel that will give me the extra ponies I need. 80% alcohol and 20% nitromethane :noes:

I won't use the special recipe unless I need it . . . but it's good to know it's there. :pimp:
 

Red96GT

Legend
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
1
Awesome. Make sure to get us some video and good luck. O0
 
OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
Thanks, eveyone.

I will have vids. :boink:
 
OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
Close but no cigar:

I passed the cockpit orientation test and got the first four (of six) passes in for my license. But, the car wouldn't go into the nines . . . dammit!!

The 4.30 gear and the timing bump did absolutely NOTHING! It ran 10.20 just like it always does.

The car is still stumbling off the line. There are two reasons for this. First, I didn't get my new collectors on (so I'm basically running open headers) and, two, I still have to install the fuel tank in the front because it's starving for fuel on launch.

At least I'm only two passes away from getting licensed. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get it done next weekend.

I'm pissed
 

trav_19

Legend
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
0
can you explain the licening to me? whats it for my friend w/ his big block fox said something about getting licenced too and i have no idea what it is or why you need it?
 

ripper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
2
Sorry to hear that Tad. No worries buddy you will finish up next weekend :thumb: You movin the tank to the back seat? I saw a tank at my tuners i think he called it a sump tank. Had a big ass pump hangin down from the back bumber. It had a square in the bottom looked like it was about 18in long and 8 in wide. He said it was to keep the fuel going at launch. Square might have been a little longer but it was like 6 inches deep for sure.
 
OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
tRaV_19 said:
can you explain the licening to me? whats it for my friend w/ his big block fox said something about getting licenced too and i have no idea what it is or why you need it?

In order to go faster than 10.0 seconds on any NHRA member track, you need to have an NHRA ET license and the car's chassis must be certified by the NHRA. My car is certed to 8.50.

In order to get your ET license, you need to get a physical and then go through the following steps under observation of two current license holders and the track manager:

1. Cockpit orientation test. You have to be able to unbuckle and get out of the car in under ten seconds (they are pretty loose with this one.

2. You have to do six supervised passes in the following order:

One 1/8 mile pass, three "moderate" passes (over 10.0), and two passes of 9.99 or under.

After you do all of this you are licensed to drive as fast as 7.50.

Stevo said:
Sorry to hear that Tad. No worries buddy you will finish up next weekend :thumb: You movin the tank to the back seat? I saw a tank at my tuners i think he called it a sump tank. Had a big ass pump hangin down from the back bumber. It had a square in the bottom looked like it was about 18in long and 8 in wide. He said it was to keep the fuel going at launch. Square might have been a little longer but it was like 6 inches deep for sure.

I need to do just the opposite. I need the fuel tank in the front so it can "gravity feed" to the pump. My pump is a crankshaft driven unit and can't pull enough fuel from the rear on launch to feed the motor. Just moving the tank prolly gets me into the nines.
 

ripper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
2
Oh yea i forgot you didnt have an electric pump. So were the heck do you put the tank? Under the hood?
 
OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
Stevo said:
Oh yea i forgot you didnt have an electric pump. So were the heck do you put the tank? Under the hood?

I'm actually going to put it in the front driver's side fender, mounted to the outside of the frame rail. If I had it to do over again, I would have mounted it in front of the radiator.
 

trav_19

Legend
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
0
the rule book dosent have a problem with you mounting the tank on the outside of the frame rail??
 

aceman484

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
hope you pass.....o and do you have any vids of yer car on youtube?
 
OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
11
tRaV_19 said:
the rule book dosent have a problem with you mounting the tank on the outside of the frame rail??

As long as I have a steel fender (which I do) it's ok. 8)

alex95gtstang said:
hope you pass.....o and do you have any vids of yer car on youtube?

Here's an in car vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X08g3IHSt8

And some on Putfile: http://media.putfile.com/95-v-05-48
http://media.putfile.com/1034-run
http://media.putfile.com/SN95-Vert-vs-Fox-Body

scarface said:
you will get there soon Tad, keep your head up :)

Thanks, man. I'm just mystified that going to 4.30s and bumping the timing did absolutely NOTHING . . . lol
 

trav_19

Legend
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
0
what did you have? 4.10? and what about the special blend fuel??
 
S

scarface

Guest
TRUUBLE said:
Thanks, man. I'm just mystified that going to 4.30s and bumping the timing did absolutely NOTHING . . . lol
its a terrorist plot by Rosie O donnell to keep you from the 9's :(
 

aceman484

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
damn lesbian........no offense to any who are on this site.......if there are
 

Forum statistics

Threads
77,673
Messages
1,507,100
Members
15,102
Latest member
Greg Futral
Top