License Passes Tonight!!!!!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
what did you have? 4.10? and what about the special blend fuel??

I had 3.73s before and went to 4.30s. The special blend didn't help either. The problem is that the car is bogging off the line from fuel starvation. Listen to the motor bog off the line in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Nzg3Uu2_I

The problem is the fuel tank location. I need it in the front.

scarface said:
TRUUBLE said:
Thanks, man. I'm just mystified that going to 4.30s and bumping the timing did absolutely NOTHING . . . lol
its a terrorist plot by Rosie O donnell to keep you from the 9's :(

I think Rosie and the Donald have joined forces.

aceman484

Reaction score
i bet she worked at mcdonalds when she was younger and got raped then..........became a lez :hammer: idk

Hellion94

Reaction score
Have you tried bumping up the tire pressure and the launch RPM? Sounds to me like it just dead hooked.

But that could also be the fuel starvation. What sizes are your lines? And where is the fuel cell currently?

Also, what do you shift at? And when the hell are you gonna go to a dyno and figure all this tuning crap out, hahaha jk. :D

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Have you tried bumping up the tire pressure and the launch RPM? Sounds to me like it just dead hooked.

But that could also be the fuel starvation. What sizes are your lines? And where is the fuel cell currently?

Also, what do you shift at? And when the hell are you gonna go to a dyno and figure all this tuning crap out, hahaha jk. :D

It's a fuel starvation issue . . . I'm sure of it. Ron's Fuel tells you to put the tank in the front for this reason . . but my builder didn't think it was necessary. Turns out it is. Here's a quote from Ron's:

"Surge tanks are required for most vehicles (doorslammers) with a rear mounted main fuel cell, relative to the engine. Note: This surge tank is not required if the user is able to reposition his/her main fuel cell to the front of the engine.If this is not done, under launch acceleration, a rear mounted cell will not be able to provide the fuel required to feed the typical racing engine early in the run. Symptoms of this will be a definite hesitation upon launch or uncharacteristically inconsistent performance due to a "lean" condition seen by the engine.

This surge tank is normally placed high in front of the engine to gravity feed the mechanical pump. One of the advantages seen in utilizing this tank is a very easy start-up procedure for the engine. The racer’s existing electric pump is used to deliver the fuel from the rear cell and an incorporated float bowl is utilized to manage the incoming fuel.

An alternatove to the surge tank is the 4-gallon vertical JAZ fuel cell. Equipped with the proper fittings for injection, this cell would be mounted in the front of the vehicle and allow you to completely remove the fuel cell and electric pump for the rear of the car. This is the preferred solution to the rear-mounted fuel cell problem as it is cheaper on the racer and keeps things quite simple."

The current fuel cell is in the trunk. 8 gallon cell, 8 AN lines, crank mandrel driven pump. I just bought the 4 gallon tank to mount in the front.

The other problem (and it's a big one) is that the collectors that are currently on the car aren't really collectors . . . I might as well be running open headers. I just got new collectors from Performance Welding, but I haven't put them on yet.

Finally, I really need to hook up my top end timing retard. I'm running 40* timing and need to drop that back about 5* over 6800rpm.

I'm still trying to find a dyno . . . . ;)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Tad, i can go nines backwards man... (9 mph, duh..)

get it together and go...

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
Tad, i can go nines backwards man... (9 mph, duh..)

get it together and go...

Workin on it, bro. I'm muscling in my new collectors as we speak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.