Light bulbs Aftermarket headunit

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok i am new to the forum and new to these cars. I just bought a 94 gt and i want to change out the radio for one with auxiliary input. I dont want anything too expensive just practical. I understand that its hard to hook up the amps with aftermarket units, my car has the factory 460 mach audio system. When getting a new radio what do i look for and what will i need to make all 6 (i assume) speakers work and both amps?

also i just bought some xenon light bulbs, how do i go about changing them? do i need to take off the housing? or what?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a poineer single din h/u with a usb and an aux port. Connected to my stock mach system. It also has blue tooth phone and music.
With the right adapter harness you can get the mach 460 amps to work correctly.
I got my h/u and harness at Best Buy.

To change the cluster bulbs you need to remove the cluster and replace them from the back.

lutter94

Reaction score
go to crutchfield. 150 bucks gets you everything you need, harness, instructions, bluetooth phone. etc

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
mach systems are cake and sound better with aftermarket decks. As they said you can get a hrns from any aftermarket radio place to wire into it.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys!

i dont think i was clear but the xenon are headlight bulbs

lutter94

Reaction score
Just pull them out of the back of the housings. Take that black cover off the top of the radiator. I use a needle nose to pull the pins out (they are 2 pieces, pull the centers out first).

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so i went on crutchfield and i can get the everything for 120-130 shipped and everything. I never really installed a radio that had a factory radio on it before, just from one aftermarket HU to another aftermarkert HU. Are the details pretty good because i never done this before?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will need to see what deck you got and what hrns they set you up with to know for sure but its not any harder then going from aftermarket to aftermarket. All you will need to do is to connect the like colored wires(red/red, black/black, ect) and be sure to hook up the amplifier turn on from the factory hrns, to the amp turn on in the deck(blue wires). Depending on the deck/hrns you might be able to use the RCA outputs on the deck to control the subwoofer in the system but again it depends on the deck and hrns you get.

lutter94

Reaction score
Super simple, their instructions are great, as long as you selected your model correctly, you will have the right harness. You will need to connect the "kenwood" (for example) harness to the ford adapter harness then plug it into the car's harness. I believe it comes with wire nut/butt connectors, but soldering is better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
because you do not need a kit its already a single din opening, the deck slides right in. You will want the first hrns you have shown with the rca ends on the hrns.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
and which radio will be best?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is up too you I can't tell you which one you will like better. Any single din sized radio will fit and wire into it its just a matter of you getting all the bells/whistles that you want.

lutter94

Reaction score
X597
BT318U

These are the only 2 with bluetooth. I guess the others have HD radio, never used it, but the X597 has Sirius if you wanted to buy the extra stuff for it, I have Sirius in my Fusion. I think the X597 is pretty similar to mine. It comes with a microphone, so I ran the cable under the dash, between the door/dash, and behind the A pillar. The mic sits at the top of the a pillar up against the headliner.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I am more concerned with have the aux/USB input and the good sound. I ended up getting the X597 because of the variable illumination.Everything has to color match :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online